2011 Amarok VW diesel trucks in USA for $40k

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
someone here needs to do it

Titling and licensing in your state could be tricky. If the dealer paperwork is in English, you might get it done. If I lived near the border, I would be all over the paperwork. If there is no lien, and the dealer is showing that it is paid for, and that it is a new vehicle, you should only have to pay your State's sales tax, show proof of insurance, and pay vehicle registration fee. In my State, I could even recycle my own plate from a previous car that I sold. The seller should be able to steer you to others that have done this if he has actually placed them up here.

I am in no position to try this due to other high priority investments at the moment, but in a couple of years, I'm doin' it. If there are hidden fees or delays due to some kind of inspection, my wife would have those eyes on me, but she'd come around when it's all done. Nice truck.

If you are on a farm in Texas, NM, or Arizona (or anywhere), there might be alternative registration methods with less restrictions as a farm vehicle.

Last edited:

VWBeamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
I live on a farm....but I'm not a farmer.

Wonder how much the single cab models will be.

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
Yes, I would prefer 2Dr 6MT, selectable 4x4, smaller engine (single turbo). Should be closer to $36k

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
imported trucks are subject to the chicken tax..25% of cost that was imposed as retaliation for a big duty on chicken imported into germany. it has never been repealed. they may get around it with the crew cab as passenger vehicles are not subject to it. remember suburu brat? seats in back made it a passenger vehicle, not truck

CT_Gman

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Jetta Sport, 2011 Golf TDI 6MT 2 door - GONE, 2013 Passat DSG SE w/sunroof - GONE
Looks a lot like another rebadged Chrysler to me... Routon?

VWBeamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
No, it's VW product. Made in South America

I believe thundershorts explains above why we won't see it here....chicken tax.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Have fun getting parts and service in the U.S.......dealers and techs have a tough time working on VW diesels actually sold here......

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
service, no warantee

That is the same 2.0 CR sold in the US. Differences in emission system, certainly, but the VAG-COM connection would be the same, and the codes would be the same, with minor differences based on the emissions differences.

Hardware should be identical for the most part. You could probably order body parts from Mexico in the event of an accident, if you have to. Service intervals would even be the same. There would be no warantee service, but I would be surprised if local dealers refused to work on them. Independent mechanics would not hesitate to work on them either. In fact, they might be quite interested in getting into one. Oddly, you might get better service just because they would be paying more attention to it.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Don't get pulled over, don't get on any lists, don't piss off anyone at DHS or Customs, don't tell people you have the car, and you might want to rebadge it as a Honda Ridgeline or something, to fool people into not reporting it.

Otherwise, you risk it getting crushed.

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
Warning!!

WARNING!!! Don't click on the dealer's website listed on that ad. I did, and my anti-virus program went nuts. The link in the original post is alright, but not the "musclecarcorp" link on there going to the dealer. I'm scanning my other computer as I type this. :mad:

Aside from that, it sounds like a "I can sell it to you, but it's your problem after that" kind of thing.

Last edited: