DSG Hesitation / Lurch Fix?

enki

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 VW Golf TDI
If I'm not having these issues should I still ask my dealer to apply the software upgrade? Or is this a case of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

I do notice the occasional hesitation, but it's quite infrequent in my driving.

okashira

TDI
2012 Golf ordered
I noticed massive lag when starting out on both DSG TDI's I test drove. I am hoping this addresses that.

This TSB should also apply 2011 models as wellsince it was released just in late June.

Go get this TSB done and let's hear your reports!

anty

TDI
2011 DSG JSW
2011 JSW DSG lurching....

Hi I just bought a DSG Jetta Sportwagen about a month ago. In the first week I noticed lurching (3, in sequence) in low gears, but only from the first, cold start, withno problems after that. I brought it into the dealership.

The sale rep who sold it to me said he had experienced something similar in his Golf DSG... The dealership mechanics said it was a known problem and reset it to the "factory settings."

After that it ran much smoother all around with shifting, but two weeks on it is now lurching again, in threes, but now at a higher speed, thus it is a bit more annoying/potentially dangerous. I know a poster over in the Vortex forum mentioned a software patch. Anyone have this problem or updates on resolutions? Thanks in advance!

Wascally Wabbit

TDI
2010 TDI
the issue affects manuals as well. I took my 2010 golf in today for its 30k service and the update was on the recall list. I was stoked cause I can pretty reliably get my car to hesitate in third gear. It has not done it today and I know how to get it to hesitate normally so I am guessing the issue is resolved. I am stoked as the hesitation was my only real complaint with the car.

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
If I'm not having these issues should I still ask my dealer to apply the software upgrade? Or is this a case of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

I do notice the occasional hesitation, but it's quite infrequent in my driving.
i had that ECM update in May, but not the second TSB that the Vortex post lists... it'd be nice if the dealer would shoot out a quick email when new TSB's come out, rather than have to call and ask every six months we hear about one from forums!
not holding my breath, though:rolleyes: