Newbie to TDIs just got a 2015 jetta se. Tuning options?

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
OP, I see you are from WI. Violating WI Transportation Code TR101.02(2)(j) Unnecessary Acceleration, will get you 4 demerit points on your license here.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/code/admin_code/trans/101/02/2/j

How do you define "unnecessary acceleration" ? In my view, ANY acceleration is justified and necessary, to be limited to the speed limit of the road or the speed of traffic. I drive ALL vehicles to the limit of their acceleration potential within the speedlimit or the speed of traffic. And when I ride my motorcycle (1998 Honda GL1500 Valkyrie) - you can bet I'm up to speed VERY quickly.

Lootbooper

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
OP, I see you are from WI. Violating WI Transportation Code TR101.02(2)(j) Unnecessary Acceleration, will get you 4 demerit points on your license here.
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/code/admin_code/trans/101/02/2/j
Believe me, I know plenty of traffic violations lol Ive had a 2G DSM for 9 years but it's been in project state for the last 4 lol. Kids...

My buddy got this very ticket. If I remember right it was an on ramp LOL. srt 4 loud exhaust is likely what got it

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
You don't actually have to break any laws just to exercise the turbo vanes. My Beetle will peg the boost gauge pretty easily without even coming close to exceeding the speed limit. The object is to get the turbo vanes to move full limit back and forth a few times every now and then, not go 0-100mph. I doubt anyone would be able to even tell you were doing it outside the car if done properly.

Lootbooper

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
Damnn. I knew it was a matter of time. Can probably thank VW for this lol. And all the rednecks in pickups Rollin coal