www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old May 9th, 2018, 23:06   #1
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Arrow GTG: Sturgeon Bay, WI Cruise/GTG October 20th, 2018

After much thought and turmoil on when to have the cruise/gtg, I've decided that one fall gathering would work best for most. This way it gives everyone plenty of notice on when the cruise/gtg will be held and can make necessary plans to make it to the cruise/gtg. Plus it should be close to peak fall colors that weekend.
Your more than welcome to invite a friend that is into cars, but doesn't have a TDI. I figure the more the merrier.

Our shop will be the meeting spot for the cruise/gtg.
203 Keel Ct
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235

Our shop is 60x90 and has a 2 post lift for anyone that would be interested in getting underneath their car or just make it easier to rotate tires, change pads, bleed/flush brakes, etc. Please no major work unless I approve it.

Start time is 9am and we usually have a 15 minute meet and greet before we leave for the cruise. The cruise usually takes between 3-4 hours depending on route/speed if you just wanna come for the gtg portion or if there is someone that would be there tuning cars. You can figure we'll be back between 12:30 and 1.

If you can please bring a dish to pass(can be cookies, chips, water, soda, napkins, plates, plasticware, etc) for when we get back from the cruise and get the grill going to cook some burgers, brats, and if you wanna bring something else to put on the grill you're more than welcome to.

EDIT: Unfortunately Jeff at Rocketchip had to cancel his trip here due to a family obligation that came up. If things change I'll keep you guys and gals updated.

Feel free to pm me or ask here if you think others might be wondering the same thing. I look forward to seeing everyone this fall.

Here's a link to last years cruise/gtg: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=480490
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread

Last edited by 3L3M3NT; July 19th, 2018 at 18:53.
3L3M3NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2018, 14:46   #2
mklabunde
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44.6 mpg highway

cool, so is there going to be any tuners there or don't we know yet. Got to get the new car tuned
mklabunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2018, 20:45   #3
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklabunde View Post
cool, so is there going to be any tuners there or don't we know yet. Got to get the new car tuned
No one has committed at the moment, but I'm working on getting someone to tune cars at the cruise/gtg.

I hate to say it, but if there's enough interest in getting your car tuned, you may have to miss the cruise portion, so everyone that wants a tune can get one. Otherwise if it's just a handful of people needing a tune I would think that everyone can participate in the cruise and get their car tuned when we get back.
Please don't hold me to that, since it will be at the tuners discretion on what they want to do.
Mark this is just a generalization and not aimed specifically at you.
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
Old May 11th, 2018, 01:46   #4
lovemybug
Veteran Member

Got it penciled on my calendar. Gonna try to have all my car rebuilding done by then.

I can't believe how much crap I can fit in this thing.
lovemybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2018, 08:30   #5
mklabunde
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3L3M3NT View Post
No one has committed at the moment, but I'm working on getting someone to tune cars at the cruise/gtg.

I hate to say it, but if there's enough interest in getting your car tuned, you may have to miss the cruise portion, so everyone that wants a tune can get one. Otherwise if it's just a handful of people needing a tune I would think that everyone can participate in the cruise and get their car tuned when we get back.
Please don't hold me to that, since it will be at the tuners discretion on what they want to do.
Mark this is just a generalization and not aimed specifically at you.
well if that is the way it has to be the so be it. I miss the Jetta's tune the new car just doesn't do it right now. Gets great mileage but just doesn't go need POWER

Mark
Old May 11th, 2018, 15:01   #6
shadowhand
Veteran Member

Are you going to set up a Meetup or Facebook even so that we can track it? I'd love to make it just need some way to track it beyond my calendar or I'll forget about it until it's too late! :O
Old May 11th, 2018, 15:49   #7
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowhand View Post
Are you going to set up a Meetup or Facebook even so that we can track it? I'd love to make it just need some way to track it beyond my calendar or I'll forget about it until it's too late! :O
I guess I hadn't thought about it, but I can put something up on Facebook. I'll post the link and add it to the original post as well.
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
Old May 12th, 2018, 09:55   #8
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Good news is that Jeff from Rocketchip will be making the trip to come and tune cars for the day. I'm not sure if Jeff does DSG tunes, so please contact him if you're interested in getting one or he might post in this thread in his regards to doing DSG tunes.
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
Old May 30th, 2018, 08:36   #9
jasonTDI

Fuel Economy: 13.7 c, 12-15 towing hwy. 17-19

Jeff definitely does DSG tunes. We'll try and make it.
Old May 30th, 2018, 15:55   #10
mklabunde
Veteran Member

anyone know the prices? Just so I know how much to bring along
Old May 30th, 2018, 17:25   #11
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklabunde View Post
anyone know the prices? Just so I know how much to bring along
Your best bet is to email or text Jeff directly for the price of his tunes, since I'm sure the price varies on what you want done. Let me know if you want me to pm you his info.
Firefox fix
RTDI Build Thread
Old May 31st, 2018, 07:26   #12
mklabunde
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3L3M3NT View Post
Your best bet is to email or text Jeff directly for the price of his tunes, since I'm sure the price varies on what you want done. Let me know if you want me to pm you his info.

yes please send me his info. I have no idea who Jeff is.
Old June 1st, 2018, 16:16   #13
jsrmonster
Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast

Hi,
Sorry I am not going to make it to the gtg due to family obligations beyond my control. If things change I will advise.
Jeff ;-((

edit; btw, there is a Michigan gtg in the planning stages at Kirks, I may attend in oct/nov tbd. just saying.
15 Golf SW DSG, 00Jetta 6spd race, 99.5Jetta Rocket ARL-PD150 6spd 2260, 2003.5 5.9L Cummins QCLB 4x4 Blue Monster, 00Passat1.8T, other tdi's: 97J, 98J, 99.5J2x, 00-C5 6spd - EFILive, HPTuner, Diablo Sport!
Never argue with an idiot.They will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The beatings will continue until the morale improves!
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement !
"DIESEL TUNING PROFESSIONAL" 1-5-3-6-2-4=;-)

Last edited by jsrmonster; June 1st, 2018 at 16:19.
jsrmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2018, 19:19   #14
duwem
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Used to get 45, but big wheels, big brakes and a roof rack, 36mpg now

If people are up for a fast pace on curvy roads and I'm free I may come up.

Man, I should get a Malone stage 1.5... but with 300k on the ol girl may not be the wisest.
Panzer FMJ Skid Plate, PP520's on Flow Balanced Injectors, H&R 28mm Rear Swaybar, Eurosport X Brace, TT Shifter, 42DD shifter Bushings, exhaust restriction reduction, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Koni STR.T Struts/Shocks, TT front control arms, spindles and brakes, 17" wheels w/ Potenza Summer Tires
duwem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2018, 20:29   #15
Kevinski4

Still haven't made it to one of these yet... Not sure what's on my calendar that far out. Fast paced curvy roads, maybe I'll bring the Supermoto... If anyone wants a tune and doesn't want to wait until maybe October, hit me up!

I am a Malone Tuning dealer in Eastern WI, including Common Rails and DSG, Sprinter, and BMW! Visit our website: www.facebook.com/wisconsindiesel

Forget Clean Air, It's a Power and Money Grab
Kevinski4 is offline   Reply With Quote