Need help Purchase Mk7 golf SEL or Jetta S

sail538

TDI
2015 Jetta Blk. DSG SEL
Ready to get back in to the VW world. Trading my BMW m235i. So the cars I've
narrowed it down to. 1st choice 2015 Golf SEL Man.with 33k.$23000.00. or 2015 Jetta S Man. with 20k. $16500. I guess my ? is the Golf worth the xtra $$.
Thanks

surfstar

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf & Passat - sold | 2016 GSW TSI
Too overpriced for that many miles.
Keep looking and/or wait, as many of the 2015 buybacks should be getting refreshed for sale soon. You should be able to find something low miles for a good price.
Or if you don't mind an "S" and don't mind traveling, I think there has to be a GSW S manual "new" in stock somewhere still...

sail538

TDI
2015 Jetta Blk. DSG SEL
The problem I'm finding is the manual trans. are scarce. I was going to drive 200mi. for this one. Thanks for the reply.

Scongiundi

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI (6spd manual), 2015 Jetta TDI SE (6spd manual)
Have you considered getting a manual shipped if it is too far away?

wetskier2000

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone: 05 Jetta GLS Wagon Current: 2015 GSW SEL 6MT
How about NH and Mass? Last time I checked there were still S model GSWs with a stick at Autofair in NH and Commonwealth in Mass.

sail538

TDI
2015 Jetta Blk. DSG SEL
I have a trade so I need to drive there. I would consider a SE. Don't want the S.
I check auto fair I've been on Autotrader,carmax.

wetskier2000

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone: 05 Jetta GLS Wagon Current: 2015 GSW SEL 6MT
I have a trade so I need to drive there. I would consider a SE. Don't want the S.
I check auto fair I've been on Autotrader,carmax.
Sorry, I saw Jetta S in your text and assumed... Yeah an SE or SEL with a stick will be a challenge. We drove to Philly from NH for our GSW SEL. It might be worthwhile to ask dealers if they have SE or SEL sticks ON HOLD. The cars seem to fall OFF HOLD regularly. Ours did twice before we bought it. I happened to call 30 minutes after the last OFF.

JDM Mike 02

TDI
2015 Golf TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 1996 Jetta GLS
I gave up trying to find a new 2015 Golf SE or SEL in manual. Bought a dsg SE lastnight, it has the lighting package, fender stereo and few other upgrades. With the 5k rebate and 0% financing it was a no brainer to go new, the used prices are insane. Very happy with it, was a nice ride in to work this morning.

sail538

TDI
2015 Jetta Blk. DSG SEL
I gave up trying to find a new 2015 Golf SE or SEL in manual. Bought a dsg SE lastnight, it has the lighting package, fender stereo and few other upgrades. With the 5k rebate and 0% financing it was a no brainer to go new, the used prices are insane. Very happy with it, was a nice ride in to work this morning.
Nice sounds like a good choice! Good Luck with it!

sail538

TDI
2015 Jetta Blk. DSG SEL
I ended up trading my BMW for a 2015 Jetta SEL buyback with 15k. miles. Unfortunately it's a DSG. Good price for my trade so I went for it.
Great to be back in a TDI. Last one was a 2010 Man.