Transmission Repair Shop

Hobhancock

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 TDI Platinum grey 5 speed
I just feel like giving a plug to a transmission shop in Murray, Utah where there is a guy named Gordon that actually knows how to fix the infamous piece of junk - 01m automatic transmission. He spoke with me quite a while about mine with no 'hurry up get me off the phone" attitude. He talked as long as I had questions. I started down the less expensive way assuming the valve body was bad based on some forum research. In my search to find someone here in Utah that could actually test the valve body, I found Gordon. I am one that likes to do what I can to fix my cars, but sometimes that is not possible. I thought about pulling the tranny myself and putting in a rebuild, but I dont have enough knowledge to do that. Even then, a rebuild that may not be very good, would cost me about $2000. Gordon's work includes a reman valve body, torque converter, wire harness, and all the internal parts need for around $3000. I know all about paying less doing the 5speed swap but that is not an option since my wife drives this one. I drive a 5 speed Jetta already, believe me, I would have gone manual in the beginning if I could have. Anyway, this way with Gordon, he will make sure it runs like it should when I pick it up and he even offers an 18 month warranty.

Also Mario, who runs the store front is awesome also. He keeps his customers informed on the status of the vehicle and just what to expect before, during, and after the job.

Last edited: