Passat B5 Comfort indicators.

Dolskis

TDI
PASSAT b5.5
Hey all. My English is not very good, but I think you understand what I write.
First of all, sorry, if I'm creating this post in not good topic.
What I wanna ask is: Can somehow activate comfort indicators in passat b5,5 without installing any aftermarket kits from ebay etc. Maybe changing the comfort block can help with those indicators? Because with VCDS I can't login in [09]Cent.Electr. Or maybe no passat b5 doesn't have this function (comfort indicators) at all?
Second thing. I wanna install original OEM xenon headlights, make headlamp washers, and automatic level control. Because headlight washers is need in my country, because Police can take away my technical inspection, so I wanna do it like from factory :D But I don't know, where to find all wires connections ets, tryed to look in google, but with my English language problem I didn't find anything. So, maybe who knows what exatly what I need, lamps, washers, level control arms, and wires? Where I need to find the all wires connections, for example: If headlights are on, when I turn the screen wash, it washes front windows and lamps, and if lamps are off, it washes only the from window and ets. Or maybe you know something, maybe someone does all this thing and can help me with all those things?
Thanks for all, who will help me. Cheers, Ignas. :eek:
P.S Sorry again, if my post can't be here.

Last edited:

cuppie

Veteran Member
TDI
02 B5.5 Passat 1.8t
Correct - no codable 'comfort blinkers' operation, because there isn't a control unit for the signals - it's old-school, analog flashers (flasher relay is integrated into the hazard switch.)
You need one of VW 000 998 229 A (Komfortblinker retrofit kit.)

You can't log into [09]Central Elect., because it isn't there. Central Convenience (42, I think?) is where you go for body electronics.

There are how-to's out there on doing the other retrofits that you want.
A good source for wiring (read: pre-built retrofit harnesses) is Kufatec.de.

No worries on the English - I've seen native English speakers do far worse than you did here. :)