PD Tandem Pump Fuel Hose p/n#?

TDINJ

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer own one.
Car is a 2005 MkIV Jetta. I'm looking for the part number for that 6" (or so) long fuel hose that goes into the tandem pump.
Thanks.

TDINJ

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer own one.
Called Impex, and they said you have to buy the whole metal fuel rail (from filter hose on passenger side to drivers side) just to get the hose to the tandem pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's almost $170!!!!!!!!!

I just need the 6in hose from the metal fuel line to the tandem pump. Mine is leaking at the pump.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
I would use thick wall high temperature viton hose 5/16 ID from McMaster.com.

5119K891 (Same as 5119K89) for the 1/8" wall thickness

I bought some just in case this exact hose started leaking, but I have not had to use it yet.

The Viton hose is not as physically tough as the OEM rubber compound, but it should last longer in the chemical environment. Just take care not to grab it with rough or sharp pliers, and take care positioning the hose clamps so they press evenly on the hose - not digging in with the edge.

You can only buy 2' or larger sections, and it is expensive. But it is the only option I have.

You might try going to a diesel service center, such as Caterpillar for 5/16" or 8 mm ID hose. Or even NAPA. If it is not diesel rated fuel line it will not last long at all.

Dan