2002 Jetta TDI Manual - 3000 obo

vitosays

Veteran Member
TDI
02' Jetta TDI
Looking to sell this car as I don't drive it as much as I thought I would and could use the money for some house funds. This car just received a high mileage timing belt (~300 miles ago) and a bunch of new parts (including an engine with ~161k now) listed below with mileage accordingly:

• NGP Coilovers (286k)

• r32 Bushings (286k)

• Stainless Steel Brake Lines (295k)

• All 4 brake pads and rotors (295k)

• New All Season Tires (295k)

• Steering Rack (300k)

• New outer tie rod ends (300k)

• 100k Timing belt and tensioners/rollers (300k)

• Water Pump (300k)

• Front crankshaft seal (300k)

• New camshaft sprocket (300k)

• All new hardware (300k)

• Engine and trans mount (300k)

• New serp belt tensioner and belt (300k)

• New intake gasket and hardware (300k)

• New N75 valve (300k)

• Air filter (300k)

• Pollen filter (300k)

• Oil filter and change (300k)

• Coolant (300k)

• LF Radiator fan (300k)

• Engine (304k)

The engine was replaced due to the turbo going resulting in the engine going into runaway mode and taking some pistons with it.

The bad:

• ABS light is on. I believe the right abs sensor and wiring need to be replaced

• Interior needs some love

• Paint is not so great

• Glow plug light blinks randomly. Not every time driving, but frequently

• Brake light flashes intermittently while driving. Will turn on and off, not constant.

The car as it sits has a little over 304k on the odometer; so most of these parts are brand new! I really am looking to sell the car whole and hopefully do not have to part it out.

The car is located in Maryland and is black exterior and black leather interior.

$3000 OBO.

Update 5/12/18 haven’t had time to clean it, but here are some updated pictures.

I might be open to trades as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Moses_S

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI 5M
I noticed it say Rocketchip in your signature, does the car have any performance upgrades? And does it need anything currently?

vitosays

Veteran Member
TDI
02' Jetta TDI
I noticed it say Rocketchip in your signature, does the car have any performance upgrades? And does it need anything currently?

Sorry forgot to mention the rocket chip and fuel 2.5inch SS exhaust. That's really all that goes for performance.

It doesn't need anything currently to run and drive. However, when coming to a stop you can hear a slow rub in the front passenger side wheel well. Not sure what's causing this sound.

vitosays

Veteran Member
TDI
02' Jetta TDI
Bringing this back from the dead. I still have the car. It has sat for sometime now and will not start. Probably some simple issue I just don't have time for.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Always looking for projects. PM me your email or phone. I have a nice running 03 golf TDI for sale in this forum. Might consider some trading.

vitosays

Veteran Member
TDI
02' Jetta TDI
Bump got the car running! Just tons of air in the fuel line. Cars running great! Only thing it needs would be some fresh brakes.

vitosays

Veteran Member
TDI
02' Jetta TDI
Bump. Car is running good and have driven a few times already. No issues other than a knocking noise in the front when coming to a harder stop or under heavier acceleration. Still diagnosing that when I have the time.