How can I increase boost in the 90 HP TDI ?

Nuno Zeferino

I have mounted a boost gauge in my car. 0.8 bar constantly and 1.1 bar overboost.

I can increase the boost to ~1.25 bar constantly, but after 30 seconds to 1 minute off hard acceleration the electronics cut back and the engine stays and half powered (I think ist's one sort of safe mode) until I restart it.

What seems to be my problem, since I stranguled the hose whitch drives the pressure de ECU, to increase the boost?

Is the electronics dectecting the extra pressure by other sensores? The EGR opens to free the extra exaust preesure? What can I do to?

Anyone did this? How much more performance?

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
The computer compares the readings from the boost pressure sensor, the airflow meter, and the intake air temperature sensor to make sure that they are roughly in agreement with each other. You can trick the sensors a little bit, but if you trick the sensors a lot, the computer will detect that something's wrong ... and do precisely what you have experienced.

I've played with this too. You can gain a little bit of power under some conditions, but the right solution is to chip it...

P.S. BE CAREFUL, it's very easy to blow things up this way.

Brian P.
'96 Passat TDI mit UPsolute