Antifreeze causing transmission issues

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
^^^ And there you [OP] go!

VWinMS

TDI
01 Jetta 1.9 TDI
Well, I got the part in. Looks identical to the original. Fingers crossed it will work. However, the stealer sold me the wrong bolts. Also, all 5 I removed were blue/green. I'm not sure which need to be one time only, as the 4 main ones look basically the same. The inner 2 are a tad larger though. Does anyone have the correct VW part number of the bolts I need? Again, thanks everyone. Oh, and BTW, when I took the old part out, I found the outer insulation about midway on the pigtail was gone, thereby grounding out I'm sure.

dlc1970

TDI
Passat
Have an 05 Passat tdi 138000 miles. My daughter was driving it from school and noticed it smoking drove it for less than 2 miles and it stopped as the transmission fluid was blown out. Will go in reverse but barely forward fluid is black silver in color. Estimates to rebuild hovering upto $4500. Won't know damage until opened up but debating weather or not to consider it a loss and move on. Car is in good shape Florida car. Thoughts??

VWinMS

TDI
01 Jetta 1.9 TDI
With the sound of that, and it sounds like you've already had it checked out, I think I'd suggest a swap for a manual, provided your daughter can or can learn to drive a manual. TDIs are awesome engines and a manual swap (from what I've read on several threads on this forum) is much less expensive and you end up with a better transmission and better fuel economy.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Have an 05 Passat tdi 138000 miles. My daughter was driving it from school and noticed it smoking drove it for less than 2 miles and it stopped as the transmission fluid was blown out. Will go in reverse but barely forward fluid is black silver in color. Estimates to rebuild hovering upto $4500. Won't know damage until opened up but debating weather or not to consider it a loss and move on. Car is in good shape Florida car. Thoughts??
Read through here.

http://kansascitytdi.com/01v-zf5hp19-faq/

Pay close attention to here.

http://kansascitytdi.com/01v-pump-bushing-spin-out/

VWinMS

TDI
01 Jetta 1.9 TDI
All right folks. The transmission issue is fixed. The eBay part ($21.24 w/ free shipping) did the job. After 3 trips to the dealer for the correct bolts, I put it back together. One (ahem) small issue, but I put everything back together and took it on a test drive. With VagCom by my side, the transmission shifted as it was supposed to. It started in 1st, and went through the gears just fine.
I will regrettably end up removing the transmission soon because I broke the front bolt on the bracket to transmission. The torque wrench never clicked. It clicked fine on the bracket to mount, but I got concerned and only tightened up as far as I felt comfortable on the other 2 bracket to transmission. I'm hoping as long as I don't drive it hard, I can enjoy the car until I can get the transmission out to get drill out the broken bolt. (There's only about 1/16" sticking up from the transmission.
BUT... the shifting issue is fixed! thanks everyone

VWinMS

TDI
01 Jetta 1.9 TDI
Congratulations!
Just to save us time, what part actually fixed the issue?
The G68 speed sensor. I got it online from DMA Parts through ebay. 21.24 with free shipping. The bolts I had to get from the dealer (although I wish I had gone through CoolAirVW). It only took 3 trips to the dealer to get all the bolts. First trip they gave me the wrong bolts. Took those back on the 2nd trip and found out they had to order the correct bolts. Third trip I finally got the correct bolts. It's about 45-50 miles round trip, so lots of wasted fuel and time.