If it aint broken, don't fix it! (Headliner)

tbone1989

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI 6-speed
Had my car in for door panel vibration a few weeks back. They also did the headliner recall for me. Well ever since then, the headliner on the driver door that meets the weather trim keeps coming out of place. This is the 3rd time this happened. WHY SO ANNOYING!! :mad:

opticalmike

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta tdi highline nav
If anyone who hasnt had headliner problems thinks their car is fine try this one simple test. While at highway speed, lower the rear windows and see if your headliner flaps in the wind. Scared the crap out of me the first time I did it.

gerry100

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta sedan MT
My impression is that some clips were missed in Mexico on some cars and they are trying to catch up with them.

They checked mine and said they were OK.

kassel

TDI
(2) 2011 Jetta TDI - DSG / 06.5 JETTA SE DSG
Had mine done to address a rattle near the sun roof. Now it rattles in another spot - not sure the recall was worth it. Have 2 2011 TDIs and one rattles, one doesn't.

Dana Hanchett

Veteran Member
TDI
I would take it back to the dealer and speak with service mgr. and explain your fustration. I'm sure they will take care of it. Maybe they will compansate you to make you happy. Remmember be pleasent but firm. Hope this helps.:):)

kassel

TDI
(2) 2011 Jetta TDI - DSG / 06.5 JETTA SE DSG
It's already been discussed with the service manager and he is going to address the issue. So far this dealer has been pretty good about taking care of recalls and issues on both cars. Unfortunately this dealer is 100+ miles away. So headliner clips will get done again on this one when the next service is due.

Biggest complaint with the two 2011 TDI's I have would be the rattles developing all over from the hard plastic use and metal trim pieces...... the rattles come and go as the temp drops and then heats up.