toyota mounts

Was a fordie

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
anyone able to make up some engine mounts for me.

early model toyota pickup to mate up an alh motor in the engine bay

Rockwell

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI (R.I.P.), 1.6TD Toyota pickup, 2011 BMW 335d, 1996 Passat TDI
Unfortunately nobody makes any. It's a pretty common swap, wish someone would

evguy1

Vendor
TDI
2000 Jeep Cherokee TDI, 2008 Jeep JKU TDI
This might be a good start.

Universal engine mounts

This kit includes both left and right engine mount parts.
Just weld them up at the angle you need.
It has the correct spacing to align with holes in the later 1.9L TDI, ALH, BEW.These are the same parts that we use to build our custom mounts. $95 USD
http://gastodiesel.tdconversions.com/motor-mounts/

Rockwell

Veteran Member
TDI
Toyota is pretty good about interchangibility, my guess it's the same or close.

Was a fordie

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
heres a source for new manufacture radiators and intercoolers of volvo turbo series.

If i cant find at local junkyards i might go this route..

if anyone buys from there.. be sure to choose price showing excl. vat. .since they dont charge vat when shipping outside of european union...

http://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/volvo-240-740-940-1975-98-radiator.html

http://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/volvo-200_700_900-turbo-81-98-intercooler.html

these are more efficient than the stock volvo 740 intercooler and radiator...going off their specs...

Significant advantages with do88 performance intercooler (OEM intercooler):
- Core volume: 11906cm3 (5377cm3), do88 is 221% larger!
- Air flow at 0,15bar/2,18psi pressure drop: 405CFM (286CFM), do88 42% higher!
- Fits all cars in list below with very small modifications!
The OEM intercooler rubber supports in both the top and bottom needs to be trimmed slightly
because of the increased thickness.
do88 performance intercooler are an all aluminium construction with cad designed, flow optimized cast end tanks and optimized core design (60mm thick) to achieve best possible cooling efficiency combined with lowest possible pressure drop!

the radiator

Made from 100% aluminum construction with 40mm thick core with only 6mm tube spacing (OEM has 8mm tube spacing and only 32mm thick)!
This radiator has a connection for a thermo switch (M22x1.5). The radiator is delivered with blacking plugg installed in this connection. If you car uses this termo switch you will have to install the OEM thermo switch.

be sure to find these at oreillys or similar

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/s...oap?model=740&vi=1288379&year=1988&make=Volvo

Last edited:

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Do the ahu and alh share the same motor mount holes?
My understanding is that the mounting points are present on the ALH for the AHU type brackets but not vice versa.

Since I've never actually looked at an ALH out of the car I can't verify that, so basically it's hearsay.

You could try looking at the B5 or B5.5 tdi mounting setups since yours is longitudinal. I would think you'd want some kind of hydraulic mounting in there due to vibration.

Steve

Rockwell

Veteran Member
TDI
heres a source for new manufacture radiators and intercoolers of volvo turbo series.
If i cant find at local junkyards i might go this route..
if anyone buys from there.. be sure to choose price showing excl. vat. .since they dont charge vat when shipping outside of european union...
http://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/volvo-240-740-940-1975-98-radiator.html
http://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/volvo-200_700_900-turbo-81-98-intercooler.html
That looks like a good setup, didn't know there was an all metal intercooler
these are more efficient than the stock volvo 740 intercooler and radiator...going off their specs...
Significant advantages with do88 performance intercooler (OEM intercooler):
- Core volume: 11906cm3 (5377cm3), do88 is 221% larger!
- Air flow at 0,15bar/2,18psi pressure drop: 405CFM (286CFM), do88 42% higher!
- Fits all cars in list below with very small modifications!
The OEM intercooler rubber supports in both the top and bottom needs to be trimmed slightly
because of the increased thickness.
do88 performance intercooler are an all aluminium construction with cad designed, flow optimized cast end tanks and optimized core design (60mm thick) to achieve best possible cooling efficiency combined with lowest possible pressure drop!
the radiator
Made from 100% aluminum construction with 40mm thick core with only 6mm tube spacing (OEM has 8mm tube spacing and only 32mm thick)!
This radiator has a connection for a thermo switch (M22x1.5). The radiator is delivered with blacking plugg installed in this connection. If you car uses this termo switch you will have to install the OEM thermo switch.
be sure to find these at oreillys or similar
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/s...oap?model=740&vi=1288379&year=1988&make=Volvo
That would work well, didn't know there was an all metal version of the intercooler

Was a fordie

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
neither did i .. i did some searching online and came upon this company in Sweden that makes performance parts for Volvo's and they ship worldwide.

now what hoses would one use and what piping between the intake manifold.. and the turbo.. VW or Volvo specific? Im planning to do the KERMA TDI performance intake manifold, which can be flipped around facing forward for FMIC instead of facing back for SMIC. Makes it easier for piping to the Intercooler.

Last edited:

Hasenwerk

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
Do the ahu and alh share the same motor mount holes?
Yes and no is the simplest and most complete answer. Exhaust side is mostly the same, dipstick side has differences.

bms707

TDI
'84 yota 4x4 ALH TDI, '03 Jetta wagon(soon to be 6speed)
Here's some pics of my ALH swap into my '84
Passenger:

Driver:

Driver again:

lews930

Veteran Member
TDI
96 passat
These mounts will not work on a ahu motor. Not even close. Just got my set from gastodiesel. Tried a quick fit. Nope

I have a set for sale.

Guess I'll have to do the hard part myself

lews930

Veteran Member
TDI
96 passat
You had best call gastodiesel and ask them specifically what model engine they fit. The website says "late tdi bew"

I guess a ahu is not a late tdi

Was a fordie

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
im lead to believe it will work on anything ALH or newer
AHU came just prior to ALH.. ahu is almost an ALH but with a few minor differences...

You had best call gastodiesel and ask them specifically what model engine they fit. The website says "late tdi bew"

I guess a ahu is not a late tdi

evguy1

Vendor
TDI
You are welcome to return them for a refund.
I only started to offer these parts to help others doing conversions and not wanting to stick anyone with parts that don't work for them.
I'll change the website to better describe the TDI models that they fit.
This is all pretty new to me so I don't have a good grasp of the different models yet.
Both my conversions are using the BEW engine which is what I have to go by for patterns.
I did pick up a dead ALH to see how it differs. This is more of a hobby so changes and progress don't happen quickly.

lews930

Veteran Member
TDI
96 passat
No worries. Was a fordie might want em.

They are really nice pieces. I would buy them again if I had a motor that they would fit

Was a fordie

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
he has an ahu.. so do they work for alh? as this is the engine im planning to use.. i dont want to mess with BEW PD

I only started to offer these parts to help others doing conversions and not wanting to stick anyone with parts that don't work for them.
This is all pretty new to me so I don't have a good grasp of the different models yet.
Both my conversions are using the BEW engine which is what I have to go by for patterns.
I did pick up a dead ALH to see how it differs. This is more of a hobby so changes and progress don't happen quickly.

Heathd

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 ALH/1995 Tacoma
I have a set of ahu mounts from acme. They absolutely do not fit my 2001 alh. I wouldn't even say it's helpful to build from them or modify them vs starting from scratch. They are really nice mounts but they definitely will not fit an alh.

Edit: I'm not sure what years ahu are. The mounts I have from acme fit "98 and older model engines".

Last edited:

Heathd

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 ALH/1995 Tacoma

I have the mounts from you. They look great. I'll let you know how it all goes together on my 01. Looked to be a perfect fit.

evguy1

Vendor
TDI
So in a nutshell, Mounts from Acme for AHU and older engines and mounts from TD Conversions for ALH, BEW and ??? engines.

We are now working on an adapter kit to move the A/C compressor on the ALH to the passenger side above the turbo.

Also kit to move all the BEW accessories (alt, A/C, P/S) up about 4" for steering clearance.

Was a fordie

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
oh really? knowing that.. i might gravitate towards an AHU motor.. or its euro spec equivalent... but then.. might be tish harder to do some of the other things...
but maybe the fuel econ would be slightly better on AHU

So in a nutshell, Mounts from Acme for AHU and older engines and mounts from TD Conversions for ALH, BEW and ??? engines.

We are now working on an adapter kit to move the A/C compressor on the ALH to the passenger side above the turbo.

Also kit to move all the BEW accessories (alt, A/C, P/S) up about 4" for steering clearance.