2004 Volkswagen Blue Jetta Wagon TDI, 5 speed manual

jgoeke

TDI
2004 Blue Jetta Wagon TDI, 5spd Manual
I love this car, but I have to many and I am not really using this one, so it's time to pass it along to someone else.

Link to pictues on CL
https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/blue-2004-vw-tdi-wagon-with-5/6750726804.html

BEW motor with 188k miles on it. While these cars are known to go 300k without major work, this one had a oil pan incident with a prior owner, and the motor was completely rebuilt at 142K miles using OEM German parts by the previous owner. I have all the receipts from the rebuild. At the same time normal engine maintenance was done like OEM 100K timing belt, New BV39/S7 Turbo that puts out a little more power than the stock one and a stage two cam from Franks VW Tdi's in CA. Southbend Stage 2 clutch makes it so much nicer to drive over the stock dual mass flywheel with improved pedal feel. It gives the motor a little more power without sacrificing longevity given the anemic nature of these cars. Also there's a Diesel Geeks Panzer aluminum skid plate and side covers to protect the $6k spent rebuilding the motor. Proper 505.01 spec engine oil used in the car since the rebuild also.

Car consistently gets 38 mpg around Seattle, around 45 mpg on the highway. Car has no issues and runs great and needs nothing. Passes smog no problem. The car has some dents in it that are shown in the pictures. The car was a salvage title in CA when I bought it, not sure what was done to it, but the car appears to have no major damage that I can tell.

Upgraded VW Long Beach 17" rims with no curb rash and good 225/45-17 Dunlop Direzza Zii tires. I have a complete set of matching rims with Continental WinterContact Si tires snow tires on them also available also for and extra $500.

Exterior: It has a few dents, nothing with the paint coming off, please see the photos. Paint is in good shape and isn't peeling but has a few scrapes and such but as you can see in the pictures, it still looks nice!.

Interior: For a car this age it is in good shape. The drivers seat has no damage, rips, burns or tears and is not sacked out. Dash is in good shape, rear seats are in good shape, carpet in good shape, the rear cargo area has some residual dog hair. Headliner is starting to sag on the edges. A pioneer head unit with Bluetooth for hands free calling and music for iPhone/android. Non-smokers also.

Service History:
* Engine Rebuilt at 142 K
* New Turbo at 142K
* New Clutch at 142K
* Timing belt, water pump, and pulleys at 142K
* Replaced windshield at 165K
* Ceramic tinted windows at 143K

Asking $6000. Second set of identical rims with good snow tires: $500.

Last edited: