MK60 ASR module Soft Coding question ('03 ECU)

alhutch

Veteran Member
TDI
None
MK60 ASR module Soft Coding question (\'03 ECU)

Hey folks,

I finally installed my MK60 ASR unit into my '02 Golf with Thom's guidance. I also installed an '03 ECU to be able to utilize it. I want to verify that the proper soft coding for this setup is <0021505>. This setup wasn't specifically documented in the big ASR thread, just want to make sure it is appropriate. Would this info be on the CD version of the Bentley manual?

Any thoughts out there for folks that have retrofitted ASR into an '02 (Kennedy/SVTWEB) or a non-ESP '03 (Thom)?

Thanks for your time.

Al

Thom

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf, 2008 E320 Bluetec
MK60 ASR module Soft Coding question (\'03 ECU)

Al,

I think the coding is in the Bently CD. I'll take a look at my coding this weekend and let you know what it is. The current coding should be correct, though, since the coding goes with the module and would presumably have been correct when it was fitted to the donor car.

alhutch

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Re: MK60 ASR module Soft Coding question (\'03 ECU)

Thom,

I actually input the 0021505 coding myself after we finished the hardware install (got it from MOGolf's MK60 install info in the big ASR thread, but his car is an '01). Of course, now I can't remember what the default code was! Since my '03 ECU came from a random Jetta, it could have been an ESP car and set up for that.

Let me know what you find. Thanks again.

Al

Thom

Veteran Member
TDI

Al,

My coding is 0018945. I'll have to take a look in the Bentley CD and confirm that it's correct.

alhutch

Veteran Member
TDI
None

Thom,

Get a chance to check the Bentley CD?

Any progress with the Montero?

Al

Thom

Veteran Member
TDI

D'OH; Sorry, Al. I'll dig through the Bentley CD this weekend and figure it out.

Yes, the Montero is finally back together. Woo Hoo! I have to recharge the AC system and finish a couple of minor things, but it's back on the road as the 'benz is now in the garage getting some "upgrades"

alhutch

Veteran Member
TDI
None

No worries! Let me know what you find on the CD, I'm super curious!

Glad the Montero is back on the road. Are it's days numbered now? What's up with the Benz upgrades? Sounds intriguing...

Thom

Veteran Member
TDI

Al,

I finally dug out the Bentley CD. According to it, the correct coding for ABS/EDL/ASR P/N 1C0 907 379 D/K is 18945. The coding is listed by engine type, and of course there's no listing for the ALH, however all the other engine types AWD,AWW,AWP and AFP share the same 18945 coding. By looking at the docs, the only time the coding changes for a different engine type is when ESP is added to the mix, so I believe 18945 is the winner. The coding that you've listed isn't anywhere to be found in the docs.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Montero. After putting so many hours into it we've bonded, so I may just hang onto it; 4x4 and the extra space is convenient at times.

The 'benz is getting some TLC and some interior upgrades from a later model W124. I think it's going to get some new nozzles, too.

silverbox

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta wagon 2003 silver
I am resurrecting this old thread because I added asr to my 03 jrtta by adding an asr/abs brake module this summer. the rear brakes are not showing much wear, Do I need to change the soft coding in my ECU
Any help would be appreciated.

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
What car did it come from? In my Bentley it doesn't show ALH with ASR/EDL/ABS with the mk60. But both the 1.8 2.8 show the coding as 18945

It shows the ALH with ESP as 19458 or 19586 with HD suspension.

Only thing to do is the check the coding. Also the mk60s had a recall, ensure yours isn't in that recall before installing.

alhutch

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I've been using coding 18945 with great success since my original post.

I don't see that the ECU coding for ASR would affect the braking bias on your car. It just tells the ECU how to cycle the new hydro pump for proper ASR functionality.

yurtesen

TDI
Golf Variant
What car did it come from? In my Bentley it doesn't show ALH with ASR/EDL/ABS with the mk60. But both the 1.8 2.8 show the coding as 18945

It shows the ALH with ESP as 19458 or 19586 with HD suspension.

Only thing to do is the check the coding. Also the mk60s had a recall, ensure yours isn't in that recall before installing.
It looks like the coding follows rules here. Perhaps the engine type differs between drive by wire or cable:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_(1J)_Brake_Electronics_(MK60)

+0000002 +0000000 +0018432 +0001024 = 19458
with rough suspension +0000128 = 19586