1.9 tdi alh

User

TDI
VW GOLF MK4 1.9 TDI ALH
1.9 TDI ALH Log file

Hi All,

What do you think about this Log? I'm going to replace stock nozzles with 216 um, and remap. I want to be sure the turbo operate ok..

Regards,

Last edited:

Exenos

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf
Same here, looks pretty normal. Little bit of over shoot on the low end but I don't like the low boost around 3500 on the first log. Its like 4lbs shy. I'd almost think the vanes are sticking a bit/slow to respond but I have no real experience with that so I cant say.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Comparing the two logs, it appears your vanes may be a bit sticky. Starting at 1874 RPM on the second log your boost is creeping up and the N75 valve duty increases to bring the boost back under control. Remember the N75 numbers on an ALH are "opposite to operation"; if the boost is higher than requested then the N75% will continue to increase until the boost is back under control. The PD motors however have the N75% parallel to the desired boost. Until you hit 300 millibar above requested and for three seconds also, you will not get a CEL. The .216 nozzles and a remap will run amazingly strong, although you will likely lose some FE. Please get the nozzles done by a professional to avoid potential problems after the install.

User

TDI
VW GOLF MK4 1.9 TDI ALH
Thanks for answers. What is this FE? I have 1Z flywheel and VR6 clutch with hard-pressed. Is it enough for 216 nozzles and remap?