Immobiliser Problem

k1cka55

TDI
Golf Mark IV
Hi,

Hopefully someone out there can help me! Im having a problem with my Mark IV Golf, it seems to be the immobiliser, The fob alarms and unalarms the car fine, but when I go to turn the ignition on, the immobiliser light just flashes continuiosly! hence the car wont start!! this is driving me mad! any ideas??

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Can you read the DTCs? If not, head out to see your local VAGCOM person.

chromeBuddha

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI manual
Is it doing it all the time? If so, did anything happen to your key (washing machine, dryer, dump truck??). I have intermittent immob issues with mine. Got new keys at the dealer. It improved, but still doesn't disable immob sometimes. Have to turn off and on 1-3 times....

BDison

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI
The same thing will happen to mine sometimes, usually about 1-2 times a month. I just do the same, turn off and on 2-3 times. I have heard that it may be caused by a bad connection at the computer( pin 5? or 7?) or may be dirty grounds under the wipers. Im going to leave it alone and just live with it.

kraut

TDI
Jetta, 2000, Blue
Wireing Diagram

I tried to show pictures ,but the pictures change to somthing totaly different.I guess Alldata is protecting itself this way.
Never the Less
There is a conection at the Ignition lock that is the conection to the Immo coil.
Those conections go to Pin #2 and pin # 17 at the green conector of the Instrument cluster
reagrds Ingo

and diregard all the pics you saw

Last edited:

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
1. a ground-up turbo is not the issue.
2. the rear end of a LandRover isn't going to help
3. inductive pickup on a tranny??

if it's all the keys, then it's probably the sensor ring that surrounds the ignition key. It's connected to the electronics with tiny wires that can break over time.

with Vagcom you can look in the immobiliser for codes.

k1cka55

TDI
Golf Mark IV
Sorry for the late reply, nope this is happening to all the keys so it looks as though there is a problem with the barrel. great

BDison

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI
I forgot to say, it happens more on mine when I put the key in and try to start it too fast. I now try to put the key in, wait a second or so, turn it to the on position and let the immobiliser light turn off on the dash, then turn it over to the start position and start it.

chromeBuddha

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI manual
Me too, but still happens, just much less requently. Once the little beast starts, it's true love...

BDison said:
I forgot to say, it happens more on mine when I put the key in and try to start it too fast. I now try to put the key in, wait a second or so, turn it to the on position and let the immobiliser light turn off on the dash, then turn it over to the start position and start it.