Simple question about "seatbelts" LED

hid3

Banned
TDI
Golf V 1.9 TDI-PD 105 HP
Hello everyone..

On the dashboard there's a red LED "seatbelts". (sitting human and a seatbelt across him) The question is: when that LED sopposed to shine? I tried driving without using seatbelt and it still doesn't light up. Since I bounght NOW a new car, I think the sensor might be broken or short circued. Any ideas?

Thanks.

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
It is probably there for the North American market. You could probably turn it on with VAG-COM, but it may mess with your local setting (miles/KM, 12/24 clock, etc.)

Besides, you do not want it to work anyways because of the horrid logic VW wrote for it. Here's why: You, the wife and the kids are out and about. You need to stop outside the bank to go in and use the ATM. Because it is 100 degrees out, you leave the engine running and the AC on to keep the family from melting. The moment you leave your seat, the @#$@#$@#$#@ seatbelt buzzer comes on and will not go off until you return to the car. And when you do return to the car, you're facing a ticked-off spouse :( Let's just say that I was able to justify purchasing a VAG-COM for the sole purpose of turning it off ;)

hid3

Banned
TDI
Golf V 1.9 TDI-PD 105 HP
Thanks for your answers.
However, I can't purchase Vag Com because I'd have to work hard a lot -- it costs entire 4 my salaries... :(
Also, there isn't a single man in my country/city having Vag Com. Our VW dealer has got it but.. the prices are ennormous. Can you imagine that changing the oil filter and oil cost 300$? I just can't imagine how much would it cost to connect my car to a computer and configure there something.. :confused:

PS: I found that the slot where the seat belt is inserted (when you put it on, that black blox with red button :p) is a little bit broken and wrapped with a plastic tape. Next weekend I'll try to remove that plastic tape and see, maybe the wires are just short circuied there..

PPS: My glass washing liquid has just finished.. However, there was no warning led lit on the dashboard, so, I guess that sensor is also broken/short-circuied..

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF
hid3 said:
Also, there isn't a single man in my country/city having Vag Com.

PPS: My glass washing liquid has just finished.. However, there was no warning led lit on the dashboard, so, I guess that sensor is also broken/short-circuied..
Again, the liquid warning light can be turned off as well.

In September I am going to Poland. I plan to visit few northern cities, so if you are in despair and can travel to Poland, let me know and maybe we can arrange sth.

hid3

Banned
TDI
Golf V 1.9 TDI-PD 105 HP
aaah that's a pity, but I ca't travel due to insurance problems..

PS: is there any way to find out if the seatbelt warning and washing liquid warning leds are disconnected via the computer or just physically (for example, shorting the wires)? I found some thin black wire under the driver seat. It had two wires in it, yellow and blue if I'm not mistaken. Tried to disconnect it and start the engine -- still no led about seatbelts.