Emission Light + 'Emissions Workstation' Message

SmarTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Platinum Grey 5sp
Alrighty... this is my first time posting, but I have read lots of other threads already. I really like the forum.

Well, I just bought a new Jetta TDI and have about 600miles on it. After reading that running B5 or B20 *shouldn't* hurt the engine, I decided to fill 'er up with B20 from a Willie Nelson Station here in San Diego. Today (about a quarter tank into the B20), the yellow emissions light came on and has stayed on. Along with that, a message is telling me 'Emissions Workstation!'. Being very concerned, I pulled over and checked the owner's manual only to see that it doesn't really tell me anything other than something is amiss with the emissions sensor.

My questions are: is this B20 related? If so, will the sensor reset itself if I go back to straight D2? Do I need to bring it in to VW right away? Can I (Should I) reset it with a VAG-COM?

Any other information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Doug Huffman

Veteran Member
Washington Island, on the other side of Death's Do
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2K3 Silver gone to new home
Take it to VWoA with not-D2 in it? I imagine that they'd laugh you out of the shop considering how they treat meticuously conventional care. Our rule is to never - NEVER - let a stealerships no-service department get its hands in a TDI once it's been outta their sight.

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
If you have a vag com, get the code before just blindly reseting it.

with only 600 miles I would let the dealer look at it, warranty issues and such. But don't mention the bio.

SmarTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Platinum Grey 5sp
Thanks for both of your replies. It seems that today everything is fine. The light went away and so did the warning message. I will keep an eye on things and hope for the best.

Thanks again