www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Fuels & Lubricants

Fuels & Lubricants Discussion all about Fuels & Lubricants. synthetic oil, conventional oil, brands, change intervals, diesel grades, gelling and such debated items like that. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed. This forum is NOT for the discussion of biodiesel and other alternative fuels.

Old April 21st, 2018, 13:13   #1
Phil5651

Default Diesel Extreme for injectors

I have a 2015 Jetta 2.0 TDI 27,000 miles and was wondering if Diesel Extreme would be good to use, if not what would you recommend.
Thanks
Phil
Phil5651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2018, 04:44   #2
red16vdub
Veteran Member

I’m not sure what you’re asking, but at 27k miles the injectors shouldn’t be on your radar.
Are you looking for power upgrades ?

Bajan
17/56 turbo, RC ASV-5+ @ 28psi, 3 Bar Map, 11mm IP, PD Lift Pump, R520's, McNally boost/egt, Euro FIS full screen Cluster, PD 150 Intake/racepipe, PD 150 plastic T.I.P + R32 maf air mods, Kerma 2.5" Fmic, Kerma 3"T-B exhaust/resonator/ Aero turbine muffler, SBC stage 3 Endurance, GLi brakes F/R , GLi axles, H&R Bilstein sports cup kit.
red16vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2018, 05:47   #3
Phil5651

Not ooking for power upgrades, VW just did my software mod for Dieselgate and the check engine light came on. My diesel mechanic said to use it in EVERY Diesel that I have asultra low sulfur diesel can cause issues.
The reason for the question is with the new extended warranty I do not want of void it.
Phil5651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2018, 09:30   #4
red16vdub
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil5651 View Post
Not ooking for power upgrades, VW just did my software mod for Dieselgate and the check engine light came on. My diesel mechanic said to use it in EVERY Diesel that I have asultra low sulfur diesel can cause issues.
The reason for the question is with the new extended warranty I do not want of void it.

Ok so you’re talking about xtreme diesel addictive. No need for that ultra low sulfur diesel have plenty of lubricity, plus your car is a 2015. The injection system was designed with that in mind.
Drive more worry less.
17/56 turbo, RC ASV-5+ @ 28psi, 3 Bar Map, 11mm IP, PD Lift Pump, R520's, McNally boost/egt, Euro FIS full screen Cluster, PD 150 Intake/racepipe, PD 150 plastic T.I.P + R32 maf air mods, Kerma 2.5" Fmic, Kerma 3"T-B exhaust/resonator/ Aero turbine muffler, SBC stage 3 Endurance, GLi brakes F/R , GLi axles, H&R Bilstein sports cup kit.
red16vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2018, 10:12   #5
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Check the fuel pump next time you fill. If it has any bio component (2% or more up to 20%) you should have no issues with lubricity, the main issue with ULSD. VW approves up to 5% everywhere and up to 20% in certain states due to their regs. It has been somewhat proven that 2% bio in the fuel is the best lubricity additive tested and it is already in most fuels. Most stations are already additised sufficiently already and for the most part you need add nothing. I have had no issues running pump fuel with bio less than 20% since 2012. For some reading check out the fuel survey report here:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=485259

Cold weather operations is the only thing I would consider using an additive for. If you are having water issues change stations. Otherwise drive on!

2015 Beetle TDI.
Lightflyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2018, 16:39   #6
Ol'Rattler
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil5651 View Post
So you are going to use something that could void the fuel system part of your warranty through not being an approved VW additive? That doesn't make any sense.

Wow! DE sure is some pricey snake oil...........
Draw-Tite hitch
Dash Tray
Blue tint aspherical mirrors
Euro Cupholder
Euro Light Switch
2nd grocery hook
VCDS Hacks: DRL Disabled-Seatbelt Chime Disabled-Key fob Power Windows
Adjusted Cam to Crank Timing

Last edited by Ol'Rattler; April 30th, 2018 at 16:50.
Ol'Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2018, 18:00   #7
MichaelB
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Rattler View Post
So you are going to use something that could void the fuel system part of your warranty through not being an approved VW additive? That doesn't make any sense.

Wow! DE sure is some pricey snake oil...........
Hey, Rattler.....lighten up. I think his main concern was would the use of the additive void his warranty so he was asking the crowd here. I don't know of any adds that void warranty. If the additives did then all of them would be under scrutiny. Power Service, Howes, Optilube and on and on it could go. I do agree DE is just pricey snake oil.

Last edited by MichaelB; April 30th, 2018 at 18:06.
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2018, 22:13   #8
Ol'Rattler
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
Hey, Rattler.....lighten up. I think his main concern was would the use of the additive void his warranty so he was asking the crowd here. I don't know of any adds that void warranty. If the additives did then all of them would be under scrutiny. Power Service, Howes, Optilube and on and on it could go. I do agree DE is just pricey snake oil.
Ya, I guess it's how you say it. If you had an HPFP failure and VW knew you had been using an unapproved by VW additive then yes VW would have a very strong case for voiding your warranty. Do you know of any additives that are approved by VW and why would VW "scrutinize" additives that they don't recommend using?

In the real world most all Diesel additive do no harm and are well under VW's radar for problems relating to proper operation and/or warranty work.
Draw-Tite hitch
Dash Tray
Euro Cupholder
Euro Light Switch
2nd grocery hook
Old May 9th, 2018, 05:20   #9
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

The additive has nothing to do with the MIL.

The tuners have been working overtime to unfix the fix, welcome to the club. Good news is, they know better how to make diesel Volkswagens run properly than Volkswagen does. And you can use some of your apology money to pay for it. Then you can enjoy the car again.
Old May 9th, 2018, 08:41   #10
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Maybe they do but they aren't held to the same standards as VW is by governments and most don't have the deep pockets VW has to be able to sue for millions/billions.

2015 Beetle TDI.
Lightflyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 18:50   #11
MichaelB
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
The tuners have been working overtime to unfix the fix, Good news is, they know better how to make diesel Volkswagens run properly than Volkswagen does.
That they might be and if they had worked for VW in the past few years making VW TDI's run better they might be sitting in a courtroom and facing a prison sentence.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-v...-idUSKBN1I42I3

Last edited by MichaelB; May 9th, 2018 at 21:02.
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2018, 22:33   #12
Ol'Rattler
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB View Post
That they might be and if they had worked for VW in the past few years making VW TDI's run better they might be sitting in a courtroom and facing a prison sentence.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-v...-idUSKBN1I42I3
IDK of any tuner that is the CEO of a multinational automotive manufacturing company. DeiselGate never was about dangerous levels of Emissions, it is about deception by VW.
Draw-Tite hitch
Dash Tray
Euro Cupholder
Euro Light Switch
2nd grocery hook
Old May 22nd, 2018, 08:16   #13
Dannyboy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 2014- 1168km per tank

The EPA needed something big to take the focus off them after the Colorado river incident, they knew about VW cheating for a while, bam... instant money and media diversion. VW scandal a month after it happened, coincidence? I think not
Dannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote