Aftermarket Cv axle WARNING

25modelt

TDI
2006 Golf
Glad I searched before starting a new thread. I had a VW mechanic moonlight and replace my clutch on my 06 Golf TDI. Went well until about 200 miles later and 60 miles from home the flange bolts all came out and dropped the axle. Roadside I shadetree'd the bolts back in and made it home.

Now there is a vibration. With the wheels off and a screwdriver resting on the shaft while turning, there is a noticeable wobble. I assume the shaft is just junk at this point.
In reading, I see "junk" in the same sentence as "Import Direct".

So tell me guys, which route do I go for a new shaft? My former mechanic buddy had mentioned tight tolerances in regards to length and longevity when straying from OEM. Any links or help so I can order the proper one?
Thanks.

Genesis

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
Go to pick-n-pull and get one. Even if it needs rebuilding when it's off the car it's not hard, not expensive, and will outlast all the chineesium garbage.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Do as Genesis says. Junkyard shopping emporium. All the best in road tested parts.