OEM wheel database now has 120 rims!

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Will 17" Long Beach Wheels fit on my 2000 Beetle? I think 'yes' but I'm nervous about dropping the money right now. Want to be sure.

Yes, they are 5x100 and bolt right on all mk4 VWs

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Some 16" wheels will. The GLI brakes are the same as the TT brakes and some of them came with a 16" wheel option.

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Cool. I want to move from 17" to 16".

I'm having a very weird issue with my new rear stub axles not liking my Longbeaches. The shop technicians could barely fit the wheels on, and when it's cold out, there is a groaning coming from the rear. The technicians recommended a different wheel, and I think they're right.

Besides the Longbeaches cost me about 2.5 mpg - heavy suckers!

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Can anyone recommend a light stock 16" wheel to go with?

I was going to buy BBS RX IIs, but they turn out to be 21 lbs. I'm looking for something in the 16-18 lbs. range, no more.

I *think* Monte Carlos might work, but I'm not sure.

Any other suggestions appreciated!

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The audi TT wheel I posted a picture of above is 18lb, I'm not sure about a lighter oem 16" wheel with good looks.

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Hah! - it's an Audi TT Speedline wheel, 16x7, 5x100.

Put an ad out over at the 'Tex. Hopefully I can find a set.

Thanks!

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
They are all over eBay.co.uk but fairly uncommon here in the USA.

rawcpoppa

TDI
Jetta TDI
It seems there haven't been any updates in quite a while. Anyone knows if this will be a temporary delay or no further updates?

penclnck

It isn't dead, just an extend hibernation.

I'm lazy and have had other projects I've been working on. I do have a bunch of picks of new wheels, just haven't taken the time to generate the pages.

penclnck

I need to do a lot of things.... but here I am, being lazy.

I hope to do some updates in the future, I've gotten pics here and there but just haven't made the time to sit down and sort through things. The project isn't dead, but to be fair, it isn't living much.

jmarvin

TDI
2004 JettaTDI
Will the 15" Reggae or Mombo fit on my '04 Jetta? All of the specs look the same. It currently has the Monterey.

swhite

TDI
2011 Golf 2 dr 6mt
Wheel ID

Anyone have a guess what type wheels these are? Bought the car from a dealership in October and they had no clue. I was thinking they're some kind Audi reps but I haven't really found anything that is close. I haven't had the time to pull a wheel of to see if there are markings they're 18"

Thanks
Steve

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hello,

I recently mounted a 16" VW Mambo on my trailer. I took a photo and noticed this:

I don't guess I should expect it to be from Germany these days. I thought Mexico at least. HAHA!

Scott

soot1

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently none. Formerly: 2010 VW Jetta TDI 6M, 1993 Dodge Ram W250 Cummins 5M 4WD, 1990 VW Jetta Diesel 5M, 1986 VW Jetta Diesel 5M, 1980 VW Uabbit Diesel 4M. Currently driving 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
I need to do a lot of things.... but here I am, being lazy.

I hope to do some updates in the future, I've gotten pics here and there but just haven't made the time to sit down and sort through things. The project isn't dead, but to be fair, it isn't living much.
penclnck,
Love the database, it was helpfull in finding some wheels. One thing I would like to see but is weights of the various types.
Here's my input, 16" Le Castellet come in at 20#'s.
Cheers,
R*2