Mid Michigan GTG -- June 23rd -- Fowlerville, MI 48836

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
This year I have but one day to do this GTG.

I would like to get a sense of how many would be interested in attending.

The date would be June 23rd. 9am- 8pm

The place:

9696 N Nicholson Road
Fowlerville, MI 48836

for info on getting here see my website:
http://www.martinbergelllc.com/location/location.html

We will have some eats, soda and bottle water but if there is something you like that you would like to share with the group bring it on...just be prepared to take back any extra with you. Paper plates and plasticwear will be provided.

Money donations will be cheerfully accepted.

The tunes will be available by Rocketchip

I do not have any injector techs this year as of yet.

Please keep you projects modest so that you do not strand yourselves here. I you are tackling a project that you have not done before make sure that you have someone to guide you and have all the tools necessary for the task at hand.

There should be more than a few people with the VCDS software and interface here to assist.

I have a lift but rather than tying it up with an all-day project, I would prefer to keep it available for more breif jobs such as turbo actuator replacement, wheel bearing replacement, underbody inspections and similar tasks.

Last edited:

JC_1992

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, 2001 Jetta GLS
Ready for a re-tune. Looking forward to it!
Will most likely have 2 cars. Possibly 3.

Last edited:

JC_1992

Veteran Member
TDI
Well the past two years (I've attended) Jeff from Rocketchip has been on site to do tuning. Guess that is never a guarantee.... but I sure hope so!

JETaah

TDI
Well the past two years (I've attended) Jeff from Rocketchip has been on site to do tuning. Guess that is never a guarantee.... but I sure hope so!
The tunes will be by Rocketchip :cool:

derewaj

TDI
2002 Jetta 5 speed, 2002 Jetta was auto - now 5-speed

I'm in! What is Jeff's user name? I will need to get pricing for an RC2.

Hopefully someone will be doing a clutch that day - want to see whats involved in that job 'cause I think thats a future project for me..:eek:

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
In for sure!

JC_1992

Veteran Member
TDI
Awesome! Thanks Marty!

I'm in! What is Jeff's user name? I will need to get pricing for an RC2.

Hopefully someone will be doing a clutch that day - want to see whats involved in that job 'cause I think thats a future project for me..:eek:
Well I am in need of a clutch and will be ordering an SBC clutch shortly. If there is room I would gladly do this at the GTG :D.

Not sure how long this would take as I want to get re-tuned as well. Anyone with experience willing to help?

Last edited:

Whitbread

TDI
Several
D'oh, that's the weekend I was looking at haha. Apparently I'll do a summer GTG this year. Maybe sometime in later July.

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Thank you, thank you, thank you Marty! :cool: Any day you come up with is fine with me, I'll be there with bells on and donuts in the car. We're down to just two houses now so we may actually stay in a motel down there! :rolleyes: ;)

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Thank you, thank you, thank you Marty! :cool: Any day you come up with is fine with me, I'll be there with bells on and donuts in the car. We're down to just two houses now so we may actually stay in a motel down there! :rolleyes: ;)
Congratulations! :cool: One down, one to go, one to stay. Yep, talking about houses - LOL!

JETaah

TDI
Well,
it looks like this bash will take off...I am gonna say that it is a go. :D

JETaah

TDI
Awesome! Thanks Marty!

Well I am in need of a clutch and will be ordering an SBC clutch shortly. If there is room I would gladly do this at the GTG :D.

Not sure how long this would take as I want to get re-tuned as well. Anyone with experience willing to help?
As I mentioned in the original editted post, I would like to keep the lift for shorter term projects. But you are welcome to find a space and tackle the clutch if you can do it on jack stands.
OR
do most of the on-top work on the ground then roll the car up to the lift when it is ready to have the trans pulled and clutch fitted...something like that.

flyguy38

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi
I'm in and looking for a timing belt change and the help to do it. This will be my first and looking to look over a shoulder.

I figured i might as well get the word out. Anyone want to get paid for a walk through?

MIWagon

TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI- Automatic
I had a great time last year. Looking forward to another great GTG.
I just finished rebuilding a CV Joint and a few months ago front wheel bearings. If anyone is looking to do those I could give some pointers.

k4u2luz2

TDI
2006 Jetta
I'm in! The last two I came to were great. Its always fun to talk with other fanatics. I may even bring along a new TDI club member. Jack (ToatesMyGoates) are you out there?