Golf bkd constant boost reading of 2139 mbar

ryn079

TDI
Hi guys, as the title says, my golf bkd is reading a constant 2139mbar as soon as ignition is turned on engine is off. Even when removing the boost sensor, the same error persists. This happens even when changing to a different ecu. Can someone please shed some light?

Thanks

Ryan

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
Have you tried swapping the boost sensor?
Also, have you checked the wiring using multimeter?

ryn079

TDI
Yes, wiring checked and replaced, same thing with sensor. Even with sensor disconnected and different ecu same 2139mbar is read on scanner.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Were the plug connections or pins replaced too?

I'm thinking the map sensor probably uses variable resistance and maybe a bad connection is causing it?

I don't know for sure though, never seen it on the forums or anywhere else before so never learnt the cause.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Check the resistance sccross the pins on wiring side. There should not be any open circuits between any of the pins.

ryn079

TDI
Hi Henrik, didn't quite understand. But I checked for continuity between all the pins and there was none.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
OK, will try to explain in other words:
Set the multimeter to say 20k Ohm range.

Take the MAP connector. Use one multimeter's probe and touch the 1st pin with it. Take the 2nd probe, and touch the 2nd pin. Take a look at the multimeter - not the resistance it is showing. Should be anything from 0 Ohms to 10k, might be even more. But if you see "infinity" (usually expressed as "1" on the left side of the multimeter display), then you have a wiring issue. Repeat the same with all the pins:

1st with 2nd, 3rd, 4th.
2nd with 3rd, 4th.
3rd with 4th.

ryn079

TDI
Hi Henrik, I only got a reading on pins 2 and 3, the others were all open circuit. I changed the wiring on pins 1 and 4 and nothing changed. I then disconnected almost all of the wires on the big ecu connector, I left connected only the ones which were stopping communication between the car and the scan tool and I still got an actual over boost reading of 2139 mbar. I can't understand how with practically all of the wiring disconnected on the big ecu connector and the small ecu connector disconnected I am still getting g the 2139mbar over boost.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Simple question - are you able to trace the connector wires down to the big ecu connector?

In other words, can you find the other end of each wire in the connector? Check that with multimeter. If at least any wire is broken, then a wiring issue. Else it might be the ECU...

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Indeed. You have tried multiple ECUs, as well as multiple sensors. If the behaviour does not change, all points to faulty wiring...

ryn079

TDI
My main concern is that I removed the small ecu plug completely from ecu and removed all of the wires from the larger plug excluding the ones which stopped and communication, and I still have the 2139 mbar actual boost error.