White Smoke After Replacing Injectors

Tyler E

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta 1.9 TDI
Recently I replaced my stock injectors using Kerma TDI's Hot Swap Program and upgraded to Bosio Sprint 520 nozzles. Since upgrading I am now getting white smoke under hard acceleration especially in between shifts. I have checked the IQ, Injector Timing, and the I.Q. Idle Stabilization (Measuring Blocks Group 13) Below are the results...
I did not have any white smoke before replacing the injectors, so everything seams to be pointing to the new injectors but is there something else I am missing or should check?
Any help is appreciated
Note: Today is the first day I have ever used VCDS so if there is something else I need to look at please let me know where to look.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Sure its white?

What's your IQ?

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Cylinder balance should be a lot closer, granted is within the +- range of 2, but on new ,rebalanced injectors they should be closer.
I would call Kerma and forward them the logs.
Cylinder 2 is pretty high and 4 isn't much better, within limits but not great.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
You could have a bunch of oil in the intercooler and are now blowing it through. Pull the lower pipe off and use some paper towels to sop it out. One place to start. Also about the balance, Did you clean the intake? The excess oil mentioned above can slightly bend rods. Seen it.

Tyler E

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta 1.9 TDI
Sure its white?

What's your IQ?

Turns out it is Black...So all is good. It was white before I adjusted the IQ then I test drove it as it was getting dark and thought I was seeing white smoke in the headlights behind me but after getting someone to drive behind me during the day they confirmed that it was black when I punched it. My IQ is now 5.8-6.0. It was smoking white at 3.0.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

By the way Kerma said that I should swap injectors 2 and 4 and send them the new Cylinder IQs would that do anything to balance it out or are they just trying to see if my cam is warn?

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
If the readings stay with the injectors they are causing it. If the numbers stay the same it's something with the engine or pump.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
The balance reading is just taken from the crank sensor so it could be wear in the engine causing different compressions.