FS 03 Golf 2dr GL TDI AT Indigo Blue 93K IN

bradp

TDI
03 Golf GL TDI 2dr
This is a sad time for me as we are selling our 2003 Golf GL TDI 2dr Automatic in Indigo Blue with black interior and has 92,937 miles. We are having another baby and with 4 kids and my wife now working virtual we don't need the car as there is not enough room in it. I thought our oldest son would want it but he wants a Jeep Wrangler:rolleyes: (he's buying it on his own) It has been very well cared for with ELF 5W40 every 7500 miles. We bought it in May 06 with 45300 miles. The original owner (elderly couple) sold it due to husband having knee surgery and couldn't get in and out of it anymore. She was MAD!! they had to sell it. I looked for almost a year to find a 2dr TDI. My wife drove it to work about 70 miles round trip a day until her work closed the INDY office and she went virtual to work from home. It has always been garaged and rarely driven in the winter (she drove the Durango to work) We averaged 43-44 MPG and on trips at 75 mph averaged 47-48 MPG. The Golf has never had any accidents. I will miss this car greatly but the Audi Q7 TDI will make up for it in room.

Here is what has been done to the car:

Elf 5W40 every 7500 miles
Fuel Filter Change every 15k miles
Tire rotation every 7500 miles
Glow plugs at 72K miles
Glow plug harness at 84k miles
Transmission service (filter & VW trans fluid) at 87k miles
Installed brake switch at 73k miles
Coolant sensor & plug under warranty at 47k miles
Tinted windows when we bought it

The car will need the timing belt service in the next 10k miles but the belt looked great about 3k miles ago. Everything works and runs and drives awesome. Has 2 very small dings in passenger side and couple of small rock chips on the front but is VERY nice in person.

$8800 for the car

Email quality1stconstruction@yahoo.com or call 765-894-1922

See pics here http://s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt34/boyz9397/03VW/

Last edited:

bradp

TDI
03 Golf GL TDI 2dr
Looked around on Craigslist, here, Ebay, KBB and NADA at 2dr Golfs with higher & lower mileage and priced it right in the middle. I know how hard 2drs are to find (when I bought this one) I would love to keep it but we have way too many cars. I wanted a stick when we bought this and found quite a few more with a 5 speed, but the wifey had to have an auto (she drove it).

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Great looking car. I would totally be interested if it was not an automatic. Not much that can be done with an automatic.

Those 2 doors manual are sure hard to find.

bradp said:
Looked around on Craigslist, here, Ebay, KBB and NADA at 2dr Golfs with higher & lower mileage and priced it right in the middle. I know how hard 2drs are to find (when I bought this one) I would love to keep it but we have way too many cars. I wanted a stick when we bought this and found quite a few more with a 5 speed, but the wifey had to have an auto (she drove it).

bradp

TDI
03 Golf GL TDI 2dr
tothemax said:
Great looking car. I would totally be interested if it was not an automatic. Not much that can be done with an automatic.

It's funny that when I was trying to find a 2dr Auto back in 06 all I could find were 5spds. It would be a 5 speed if it were up to me but the wife was driving it so i lost.

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
tothemax said:

You just gotta look around and hope something comes your way. I just bought an 03 2 door GLS, bone stock, no sunroof, heated cloth seats, 5 sp, with 15,357 on the odo. Car was purchased at the same dealership I bought it from. He traded it on a JSW TDI. Looks exactly like the car FS here, except I have steelies and hubcaps.

I say this is an excellent price. You can swap the 01M out for ~$3000. The 01M in my Green Golf (see sig) is going strong with a bigger IP, bigger injectors, RC3.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
jaydogg007 said:
I just bought an 03 2 door GLS, bone stock, no sunroof, heated cloth seats, 5 sp, with 15,357 on the odo. Car was purchased at the same dealership I bought it from. He traded it on a JSW TDI. Looks exactly like the car FS here, except I have steelies and hubcaps.
Nice! we need pics! (so how many Golfs do you have now?)..:confused:

bradp

TDI
03 Golf GL TDI 2dr
Anyone before I put it on Ebay? I hate to see it go on there but I need to make room for the new ride.

bradp

TDI
03 Golf GL TDI 2dr
Sold to someone off of Craigslist that is going to VEG Oil it and is an enthusiast. I told them about the website too. Hopefully the Q7 will be in soon.