New tdi owner looking for insight

TDI
2006 jetta
Just recieved a 2006 vw jetta tdi had no knowledge of diesels previous owner couldn't get the key to shut off and let it idle for multiple hours on and me being new to TDI would warm it up and start it every morning before work for at least half an hour minimum I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan was maybe 10 to 20 degrees Fahrenheit the last week would start and idle fine but the second you put it in gear to move the engine would start to die then I unplugged the turbo actuator connector and now it runs like a champ what's going on

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Welcome, which connection?
Plug, or hose.

The tdi search engine above is extremely useful.
It searches all applicable forums for information relevant to tdi and volkswagon.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
Just recieved a 2006 vw jetta tdi had no knowledge of diesels previous owner couldn't get the key to shut off and let it idle for multiple hours on and me being new to TDI would warm it up and start it every morning before work for at least half an hour minimum I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan was maybe 10 to 20 degrees Fahrenheit the last week would start and idle fine but the second you put it in gear to move the engine would start to die then I unplugged the turbo actuator connector and now it runs like a champ what's going on
Holy no-periods-at-the-end-of sentences, batman!

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Two run on sentences, one period missing. Didn't even notice (<fragment).
Seems I read Costa Rica has a higher literacy rate than the USofA.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
Two run on sentences, one period missing. Didn't even notice (<fragment).
Seems I read Costa Rica has a higher literacy rate than the USofA.
The long held secret that mobile phone users are just finding out is....

if you tap the space bar twice in a row after the last letter a period will appear automatically with a space added so you can start the next sentence.

Don't tell anyone....

Gilty_one

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Execline 3.0 V6 TDI; 2012 Jetta Highline TDI
Besides this OP's bad use of punctuation - What would you think is the issue?

I'm not sure if he means the MAF but I'm not sure where the turbo actuator would be (I'm learning still) pics always helps.

I read and learn from you TDI gurus so that I have an idea when/if things go wrong...

TDI
2006 jetta
Op

It was the electrical connector. Was running great making boost drove fine. Then i plugged it back in got 2 blocks before it died. Wouldnt move idles fine but the second you let the clutch out ot starts to stall.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
Or <gasp!> hit the period key . . . same number of keystrokes as well . . .
It's not just the number of taps as you are already using the spacebar anyway and the spacebar is usually a bigger key.

It was the electrical connector. Was running great making boost drove fine. Then i plugged it back in got 2 blocks before it died. Wouldnt move idles fine but the second you let the clutch out ot starts to stall.
Glad you got it figure out.