Mechanic in Cleveland, Ohio area

wlpitcher

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in the Cleveland, Ohio area, preferably around the eastern suburbs? Just bought a '99 NB TDI and want to check on the "shuttering to a stop" syndrome.

Thanks,

WLP

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
Might I suggest the GTG this weekend at Zanesville OH. Look under posts by Gearhead.
Anyone there with a vag-com could fix that "slow down shudder" easily.

John Beyer

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 White TDI/GT Jetta, 2003 Silver Jetta
Have you solved your shutter yet?
I could adjust your Injection Quantity with my VagCom. That may be all you need. I work in Highland Hts. (not as an auto mechanic) and live in Boston Hts. You could stop by work, or, I'm doing someones timing belt Saturday and you could stop by then. We'll be busy but it doesn't take long to do the VagCom adjustment.

ctsoh

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI Wagon, 2002 New Beetle TDI, Blue
John,

I know it's off subject, but I live near 271 and Cedar and work in Richfield. Since you travel the same path, what are your recommended diesel fuel stations in the area? I have a 2002 diesel New Beetle, that I purchased a week ago and I'm looking for fuel, and everything else.

Regards,

Steve

John Beyer

Veteran Member
TDI
Steve,

The only place I get diesel is at the BP at 303 and 8. They carry Diesel Supreme and it's at the corner of my street. Other than that, there's a BP at Cedar and Green, a Sunoco on Rockside and 271, a station at Forbes and 271 and a BP and Shell at 8 and 271. Of all those Sunoco is supposedly premium but I'd use power service with any of them.

Hope ya like the TDI.

ctsoh

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI Wagon, 2002 New Beetle TDI, Blue
John,
Thanks for the leads. I stopped at the BP at Cedar and Green, on Friday, and diesel was 210.9, so far the lowest I have seen. I then drove to Columbus and the truck stops were 217.9. How can the BP in University Heights be the lowest cost? Any hint when local diesel becomes the winter grade of diesel?
After the fillup, I zeroed the odometer and drove to Columbus for a meeting and then back home. The odometer read 268 miles and the fuel gage was exactly half a tank, which is greater than 50 MPG. That's so great.
Regards,
Steve

John Beyer

Veteran Member
TDI
I remember reading a while back that they start treating diesel in October but they do it in stages. It's treated down to the lowest temps in the middle of winter but not as low in the fall and spring.