My 00 Beetle crank but no start

Nissan2000

TDI
00beetle
My Beetle all of a sudden crank but don't start . I bought the Haynes repair book and I'm checking every component. I started with the fuel injection pump and according to the book the resistance is off in the pins 1and 3 . It suppose to have between 4 and 7 and it has 11 ohms so does it mean that the pump is bad? . The other two measurement are correct so I really don't know. I have been reading the post and no body have had problems with the pump. I just order the relay 109 and the fuel filter. Also no codes. Glow light comes on for two seconds . I open the fuel lines and fuel spill a little bit but not as much as I thought. I disconnect the fuel return line from the filter and there is no fuel coming out. So please some tell me what to do next or what to check?

Dieselducky

Veteran Member
TDI
88 Jetta Diesel - 2000 Jetta TDI - 04 BMW M3 - 06 Kia Rio - F350 Superduty - 87 Buick GNX - Mobile Cranes
move the the anti-shudder valve to see if it is stuck.

Nissan2000

TDI
00beetle
I check the anti-shudder and looks like is fine, is all the way open when I crank the engine. I open all the lines of the filter and there is no fuel so think it has something to do with the pump not sucking the fuel. But but fuel injector pump is manual right? Drive by the timing belt right? I check the belt and is allright, also I know I have fuel so I will replace the filter and see what happen

kilner

Veteran Member
TDI
golf gt tdi sport ppd170
I check the anti-shudder and looks like is fine, is all the way open when I crank the engine. I open all the lines of the filter and there is no fuel so think it has something to do with the pump not sucking the fuel. But but fuel injector pump is manual right? Drive by the timing belt right? I check the belt and is allright, also I know I have fuel so I will replace the filter and see what happen

i dont kno if this is correct but you can remove the top of the fuel filter housing and get some one to turn the ignition on and watch to see if any diesel squirts out make sure to hold it so its squirting into somthing

Carl2k7

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Bora 1.9TDI Audi A4 2.0TDI Sline BMW 530D
sounds like your fuel stop solenoid is stuck, its on the right hand side of the fuel pump, had a small power connector going to the top of it, make sure that is full screwed down and clicks when you turn the engine to pre-ignition.

its probably worth taking it off and giving it a quick clean and making sure the spring goes back in its housing.

Bookerdog

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL TDI - BLACK
It's probably your Relay 109. Quick check, run a jumper wire from the positive battery terminal to the Fuel Shutoff Valve on the injection pump. If the car starts and runs, replace your Relay 109, it has finally died.

I had the exact same symptoms as you this past week. Got a replacement from Id Parts and we're up and running again. http://idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=123_86&products_id=350