remanufactured transmission for

superhl

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 new beetle
...my TDI swap. I have a hair line crack in the rear housing on my NV3500 transmission. It came out of 1994 S10 4.3. The shifter is a little sloppy and rear gear sometimes can be hard to find, but other than that gears change fine. Just about everything on the truck is new and I'm thinking about purchasing a re-manufactured 5 speed. There are tons out vendors out there. Does anyone have any recommendation of vendor who is reliable. Thanks

superhl

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 new beetle
I bought a getrag nc3500 from autozone. Looks identical to what I had. Only problem, It likes about a 1/4 inch mounting all the way? How can i trouble shoot this before I send it back? I need to contact autozone and see if they send the me the measurement on the core and compare. Any suggestions?

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
Isnt there a difference between the nv3500 found on a chevy 1500 and a chevy s10?

superhl

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 new beetle
Isnt there a difference between the nv3500 found on a chevy 1500 and a chevy s10?
According to my research, 1994 S10 v6 4.3. is a nv3500. I bought the original tranny from someone off ebay and it was listed as a nv3500. When I installed it I order a clutch kit for an 1994 4.3. which exact same reman tranny I just purchased.... I did get it in. Had to crank engine a revolution. However, the slave cylinder push rod seems about an inch too long. I started the engine but broke the coolant flange while removing so i can't test it until I replace. The clutch seems to tight. Autozone had not returned the core, so I took measurements. Most likely will pull and measure. I just remembered when I installed the tranny that I originally purchased, I purchased a new pivot ball. It was longer than the original and I cut it down to fit.

Last edited: