2012 Passat On Sale Date

stewey237

TDI
none
Does anybody know when the new Passat is going to be available for purchase? My dealer said end of July but that seems early considering everything else I've seen is pointing towards end of September. Any insights from people more in the know?

TDI_Timmy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW, DSG, Pano
I found this on askavwsalesguy.com:

2012 Passat: Available for test drives July 4th, on Sale early sept*

2012 Jetta: Sept 2011

2012 1/2 CC : Nov 2011 ( may get pushed back to Jan 2012 and released as a 2013)

2012 Golf: August 2011

2012 GTI: August 2011

2012 Routan: Sept 2011

2012 Tiguan: Sept 2011

2012 Touareg: August 2011

2012 EOS: on sale now

2012 GLI: Sept 2011

2012 Beetle: Sept 2011 ( pre order now open)

2013 Golf R: Jan 2012

He also states VW could change this any time. He posted this 6/26/2011.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I had been told the beetle would not be available until November with the tdi coming after the first of the year. And of course, the Amarok will be never!

darrelld

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Tesla Model S85, 2017 Chevy Bolt
VW delivers first 2012 Passat to customer;

HERNDON, Va.,Sept. 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --Volkswagen of America, Inc. today delivered the first, customer-purchased 2012 Passat TDI® Clean Diesel to Matt Duchesne of San Jose, CA. The 2012 Passat met its first owner after months of anticipation, beginning with the widely popular "The Force" ad that aired earlier this year and culminating today with this special delivery.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+...12+Passat+to+First+U.S.+Customer/6778966.html

verylongdrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf,2001
4 sellable Passats arrived yesterday at the local dealer (north AL). All 2.5s, different trim levels incl. base (manual!), white, black, silver, all interiors black (why?).

TDICT

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW...SOLD..2012 Passat TDI SEL Black on Black...Now Here
I just posted on another tread that I received a call from my VW dealer. My 2012 Passat TDI SEL will be in on Monday 9/19/11 and I can pick it up Tuesday 9/20/11. Hope I will not be sorry I parted with my 2009 JSW TDI. It has been a great car for the whole 83,000 trouble free miles I have driven it.

darrelld

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Tesla Model S85, 2017 Chevy Bolt
I just posted on another tread that I received a call from my VW dealer. My 2012 Passat TDI SEL will be in on Monday 9/19/11 and I can pick it up Tuesday 9/20/11. Hope I will not be sorry I parted with my 2009 JSW TDI. It has been a great car for the whole 83,000 trouble free miles I have driven it.
Congrats, post plenty of pics and what you think of the new whip.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Seacoast VW? I avoided them like the plague when they couldn't give me the time of day when I said I was going to buy my TDI, no call back, no email, nothing, even though they said they'd get a hold of me. I've heard nothing but bad reviews from them.

Baranger still didn't have any Passats as of yesterday.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Well Quirk had about 6 2012 Passats on the lot(didn't count the TDI's, but mostly 2.5L), when my girlfriend and I stopped by yesterday as she was interested. She wasn't a fan after seeing it in person, she doesn't need the extra room the passat was designed around and will continue looking.

Seacoaster

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW TDI DSG
If she does need or desire the space, I can see not being interested in it! The one thing I noticed was that I felt like I was sitting down in the car alot and I did not really care for that! The dealer called twice this weekend, guess they want to put one on the road pretty bad. I will be torn on buying another JSW for the house or a Passat for me....I will need to drive one for an extended period in order to be sold....

Tom Kassab

TDI
2012 Passat SEL TDI
My 2012 Passat TDI SEL (Black/Black) was just issued a VIN day before yesterday - hopefully it will be showing up in the next week to 10 days.

wutbürger

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 CW Golf 4dr 6mt
Both local dealerships that I frequent have a number of Passats and Passat TDI's for sale and when I drove by last night, there were hoards of people checking them out lol- they're going to be pushing these things hard like they did the new Jetta.

When I spoke to my salesman 2 weeks ago, they were ready to order one up at invoice for me, no questions asked, no haggling- meaning I could probably get a bit more off. I just don't think I need the space of the Passat- I'd love to have a "smoother" highway cruiser given my yearly mileage but just can't justify the added space and no hatch for the dog/hauling items

rmeyer23

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Has any of your dealerships quoted delivery time on a '12 Passat ordered today? I am looking for a Passat TDI SEL in Opera Red w/ a Black interior. The 4 VW dealerships in the Cincinnati area do not show one of these in current inventory. The dealer I am talking to (Kings VW in Loveland, OH) is quoting sticker price and the email I got last night says the the TDI SEL will not be delivered until the end of the year. Is this the story that you are getting?

Ron M

Delegator

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
I ordered mine for $500 over invoice (about $900 below sticker, I think), plus the trunk liner thrown in. Mine is (or rather will be) Red with a beige interior.

But, I can't get any information about a possible delivery date. None at all. And I believe my dealer is sincerely trying to find out, but corporate seems to have no schedule for anything other than Black, White, or Silver vehicles. It's very frustrating, and will force me to buy another vehicle if I can't get an answer within 10 more days. I mean, come on -- I put my deposit down in July.

TDI_SC

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
My local dealer apparently is "awaiting allocation" to order me a SEL Premium. I'm trying to get a dark blue with gray interior, but according to this thread, they're not shipping.

Best I can *find* is 45 miles out, and it's a black with beige interior. That's two strikes for me. Black is brutal in SC (for heat) and beige gets dirty too fast. *grumble*

TDI_SC