looking to convert 85 jetta 1.6 to tdi

85vwJetta

TDI
85 jetta
So im on the border like of fixing my jetta(1.6l non turbo) the lift pump and some motor mounts broke not to mention the wireing mess it has so lots of problems.....so here i am trying to save up money to fix it but it seems like doing a motor swap would be the easiest way to do. So im looking to put a new motor swap and i had a 2003 jetta tdi offered to me pritty cheep its recked though just the passenger front panel hood and bumper were smashed in. so i was wondering if that swap would be even possible. So please and thanks if you can help me also if this is the wrong place to ask please point me in the right way.

Alsoif you have any other moter swap ideas that would help to. Looking for a little more power for the mountain steep climes

P.s. i have been trying to read other links provided.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Most any engine swap is possible. You'd also want to include the TDI transmission for gearing purposes at a minimum.

I've not looked through the Sticky at the top of the page, but I suspect there is a similar swap documented in a Thread there..

Keep in mind, if everything is laying in front of you, this will not be a weekend endeavor.