New to VW/Passat

statistic

TDI
2012 Passat possibly
Hello All,

Im new to the VW brand and to the Passat. Was in the market for a new ride with above average fuel economy. Came down to the Hybrid Sonata and the 2012 Passat. After doing some dd/ decided on the Passat TDI/SEL. I put a deposit down on it last week, wait time 30-35 days i was told. It was interesting researching both cars as the H Sonata is having a slew of mechanical issues out of the box from what I read, & then coming to this forum, i read something about HPFP failures with the TDI engine. No car line is immune to issues however I believe I made the right choice.

The dealership Im working with has offers lifetime oil changes and a lifetime warranty with purchase. The only VW dealership in the area to offer that.

Im looking forward to seeing what after market accessories will be offered for the passat

TwoTone

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 Jetta (sold)
Hello All,

Im new to the VW brand and to the Passat. Was in the market for a new ride with above average fuel economy. Came down to the Hybrid Sonata and the 2012 Passat. After doing some dd/ decided on the Passat TDI/SEL. I put a deposit down on it last week, wait time 30-35 days i was told. It was interesting researching both cars as the H Sonata is having a slew of mechanical issues out of the box from what I read, & then coming to this forum, i read something about HPFP failures with the TDI engine. No car line is immune to issues however I believe I made the right choice.

The dealership Im working with has offers lifetime oil changes and a lifetime warranty with purchase. The only VW dealership in the area to offer that.

Im looking forward to seeing what after market accessories will be offered for the passat

Well search oil changes here. I would make sure to watch the tech and make sure the tech is actually using the right oil and then check the level before you leave.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Welcome aboard. Never heard of a lifetime warranty. How much does it cost, and what's not covered?

Nevermind... this answered my questions: http://www.lokey-vw.com/Lifetime-Warranty

Last edited:

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
... and the flywheel. Obvious items not mentioned/covered are: SRS/airbags and turbo, but I believe that's true of extended warranties, too. I'm going to search for the nearest VW dealership who also offers this warranty.