What did you do to your car today?

HeAvYfUeL

Veteran Member
TDI
2009, Golf Variant, DSG
Cleaned out all the wintercrap out of the car and ordered some Philips H7 X-treme Power Lamps +80% on fleabay.

TurbinePower

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Gutted a parts wagon's engine bay, burning through three Sawzall blades in under an hour. Also fitted the Dasher to see if a Quantum dash could be made to fit.

oEo

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf TDi PD ::Indigo Blue::
I went to clean out the snow screen only to find out I don't have a screen... Doh! So I 5-brake lighted it and vented as well... :cool:

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS black / black leather
I planned which two days this week (spring break for us teacher types) that I was going to do the Zaino routine. ...The weather isn't cooperating though... it's the nastiest weather we've had in a long time. :(

sourmash

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle
Ran my california car duster over it to remove the thick yellow layer of pollen. Will probably do it again when I get home from work.

Nihilator

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 1.8t wagon
Turned the GIAC X+ back on. Installed EIP's short shifter kit (front-to-back and side-to-side). And washed it.

--Chris

edit: cleaned and lubed the RSB bushings.

Last edited:

Left Coast Resident

Ubẽr Clubbie
TDI
2001, 2002 & 2003 Jettas
"What did you do to your car today?"

That would depend on whether 'today' is yesterday, today, or tomorrow.

Yesterday I let my 16 year old take his driving test in it. He passed, although I thought perhaps not, as he and the examiner were gone 20 minutes. Highlights: 1) when he started it up, the examiner said "Oh, it's a diesel" (as opposed to "your car is awfully loud, is making funny noises, etc."), and 2) coming out of the DMV parking lot at the start of the test my son said he accidentally spanked it, causing the examiner to reach over and grab the wheel so he wouldn't aim for the parked cars.

Today I had both cars tinted.

Tomorrow I have an alignment and a trans service scheduled.

Day after tomorrow -- well, that's a long way off, isn't it?

NFSTDI

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'98 Jetta
Let's see, yesterday, the day before really, Jeff (Rocketchip) gave it a custom tune. Today I dropped it off for an alignment with my new tires and newly re-rebuilt suspension. Tommorow, well Friday really, I will give it a good long Italian tune up on the way to Sacramento.

Next week or soon there after new nozzles.....

dok

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V
NFSTDI,

Enjoy your Italian tune up!:cool:

David K.

NFSTDI said:
Tommorow, well Friday really, I will give it a good long Italian tune up on the way to Sacramento.

Next week or soon there after new nozzles.....

horrorxgirl

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GL Golf
today/yesterday... drove it.
tomorrow: probablly get one of the boys to give it an alignment while i tear apart an '88 1.8 motor

last week: put the new wheels on it... oz superturismo gt's