Would a faulty N75 cause this?

Sher

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Hello Everyone,

A while back i installed a boost control device (Dawes) worked great, boost would spike at 20 and then settle at 17psi.

But now its spiking at 27psi, while accelerating from a stand still (never occurred before).

I have taken apart the boost control valve cleaned it and still the problem occurs. ( the valve is set on its minimal setting, its only holding with a few threads)

A few days before this there was a buzzing sound when the engine was switched off, a few people said that it might be the N75 valve. Would a failing/bad N75 valve cause this sudden rise in boost spiking??

Thanks for the help again

Sher

01 Jetta auto
192000km
Chip+.184’s

moondawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Galactic Blue Jetta
Hello Everyone,

A while back i installed a boost control device (Dawes) worked great, boost would spike at 20 and then settle at 17psi.

But now its spiking at 27psi, while accelerating from a stand still (never occurred before).

I have taken apart the boost control valve cleaned it and still the problem occurs. ( the valve is set on its minimal setting, its only holding with a few threads)

A few days before this there was a buzzing sound when the engine was switched off, a few people said that it might be the N75 valve. Would a failing/bad N75 valve cause this sudden rise in boost spiking??

Thanks for the help again

Sher

01 Jetta auto
192000km
Chip+.184’s
Since you've got a boost control device, and it isn't controlling the boost, you should look downstream of the boost control device.... your turbo vanes and their actuator.

Read this thread and see if your problem is similar.

moondawg

Sher

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
It seems to control the boost as long as i dont start from a stand still..

Sher

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Well today i moved the actuator by hand it seems to move... The car keeps entering Limp mode i guess the huge spike..

Im going to get a new N75 valve and see what happens...

keep you posted!!!

thanks for the help...

jaydhall

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE, 1999 NB, 1999.5 Jetta GLS, 2004 Jetta
I doubt it is the N75. Try the N18 in place of the N75 first.

The boost controller works on the vacuum that the N75 is giving the VNT actuator. It should work if vacuum is causing the problem. N75 only controls vacuum.

Sher

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
I disconnected the vacuum line to the turbo and i read zero boost...

So it could be two things:

1) The N75 is pulling too much vacuum?

2) There is some blockage in my boostvalve piping?

I get this rattle when i aceelerate i think its the N75 rattling ( its pretty loud)

I will check in the morning and post my results...

Palka3

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Sher,
I had the same "rattling" when accelerating on my 2002 TDI with 178K miles. I removed the intake and EGR valve, cleaned both and reinstalled. No more rattling when accelerating.