New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

03tdiwagon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 vw jetta wagon TDI
hi everybody, im new to the club, WHT'S UP

hey guys/gals

i just signed up for the club, as i was going to be purchasing a 2003 vw jetta wagon tdi, 5spd, and was going to dive right in to the forums and learn all the cool things about these cars

TURNS OUT the car is a turd:(, needs lots of work to be done, turbo, heated seats, mirrors, rust,etc and i wont be buying it unless the seller lowers his price 70%

I plan on searching for a 03 tdi manual still but as of now i dont go one :(

IF ANYBODY HERE is or knows somebody selling a 2003 tdi jetta or preferably a 2003 tdi wagon please let me know as i will buy it instantly

i hope to have many more positive posts in the future once i acquire a 03 tdi

armando_m

TDI
2016 Golf sportwagen
2016 sportwagen

Hello,
My name is Armando , live in Guadalajara México, I purchased my second TDI , a 2016 Golf SW

The car has such such a nice refined drive, I traded in a 2016 GTI with DSG, while acceleration is nowhere near, the nice ride more than makes it over, plus obviously the fuel economy and larger boot
Found a model with 6 speed manual, cloth seats, no sunroof and sounds perfect for my needs
Installed a few decorations, here is a before and after

I have owned multiple VWs sin the early 1980's and relied on online communities for most of my maintenance and mods, and this is another great community

l1samak

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
excited about my 2013 Sportwagen

Hi - new to TDI but not new to VW. Started with Sprocket (Jetta sedan) back in the early 90s, then Fritz my 2003 Jetta Wagon that I just said goodbye to a few weeks back (sniff). Now we have Hans (Gruber) a 2013 Jetta Sportwagen.

I've always wanted a diesel but am freaking out a little bit as I have a very short commute (like 1.5 mi) to and fro work and am worried that I'm going to kill a diesel engine since it seems made for longer trips. I don't want to hurt Hans (we've already bonded) and I'm excited that I may get to try out the glow plugs thing later this week (temp is dropping FAST in Boston).

I've got a great VW mechanic and will read up on tips and tricks for keeping Hans happy with weekend getaways since he's just putt-putting during the week. Hoping I made the right choice!

Volksbeagle

TDI
2010 Jetta sportwagon
Long overdue and a radio question

Hi guys, Long overdue in joining this forum which has provided good advice in the past so happy to be here.

And why not start it off by asking a question:
We have a 2010 Jetta SportWagen and a couple of weeks ago the radio stopped working. I must admit I was wiping down the interior and dash the day before this happened and spritzed the face of the radio with a little water and immediately wiped it away. That said, it stopped working the next day then came on briefly the following day then dead again. I checked the fuse behind the radio and under the hood and both are good. Some I am resigned to buying a new radio. However, I don't want to pay the exorbitant price from the dealer so I can either get an aftermarket from Crutchfield or there seem to be these very inexpensive knockoffs, supposedly genuine VW radios on eBay and Amazon. I'm pretty sure I don't want to do that since you get what you pay for and after all, it's tied into the electrical system of the car. So my big question: Where can you get a verifiable used VW radio in good condition?

Thanks,
Jeff

Vic2605

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Sportwagon diesel manual
Recommend Schnell Snail in Wareham as mechanic!

This guy has it going on! I can’t say enough about how helpful Chris was with my 2011 TDISportwagen...and taught me so much as well. Located in Wareham, MA just off Cape Cod, he has a sweet set-up (great dog, Max) and will take good care of your car. Attention to detail and fairly priced...wish I was local to him!

Steaminsteve

TDI
2004 Jetta BEW
What’s up everyone? I’m Steve. I recently came into possession of a 2004 Jetta with the BEW motor, automatic. The motor is blown, and I’m here to post the progress of my motor swap and listen to anyone with suggestions along the way. Go ahead and send me a message, I’ll be glad to chat.
Steve

arcosine

TDI
y2k beetle
Hi

Hi,

Newbe here. Bought a y2k Beetle TDI a few days ago, $500 with a bad turbo, oil pouring out the broken exhaust, 197k miles.

Stripped an allen head on the intake, but was able to get turbo with exhaust manifold out the bottom after removing the motor mount and pushing the engine forward, which then allowed access to the allen bolt. Compressor wheel was rubbing the housing, so my hopes of rebuilding it are shot. Its so rusty that I cant get the turbo unit out of the manifold.

My question is what do I get for a replacement? Ive seen rebuilt Garret units on ebay. A guy in Grand Rapids sells a "billet" aftermarket turbo for $500. I don't know what billet means, is the compressor wheel CNCed from a block of aluminum?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GT1749V-Tu...ash=item2816ecf66a:g:hcMAAOSwOVpXWfF0&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen...ngMethodExpress!60439!US!-1:rk:2:pf:0&vxp=mtr

I got a ton of gunk cleaned out of the intake and EGR. Intake ports are next, Ill try scraping with a shop vac.

Tony

Last edited:

dgoldfarb1957

TDI
2010 jetta sportswagon
Introduction.

I hope I am posting my introduction at the right place. I signed on probably several years ago but I don't remember if I did introduce myself. I don't even have a photo to upload on my computer of my 2010 TDI sportswagen. In any event I am back on this forum looking for a solution to my no start issue. I take it that I should post my issues under a new thread. I am not too savvy with how this all works and will do my best.
Warm regards to all. David

Wigstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
Newly built stage idk alh needing tuned help!!!!!!!please

Hello new to the diesel world but I did get an 02 alh:) I have done some modding to it but am in need of a tune and am looking for help. So far I got... Bew lift pump 11mm ip .216 nozzles vnt 17 for bew worked great to use after market intercooler pipe. Egr delete also the cooler I have a 31*13*3 front mount with 2.5 aluminum intercooler piping 3 bar map egt glowshift gauge glowshift boost gauge fresh timing belt and accessories. Stock downpipe to the flex then 2" for a few inches then 3" with resinator to side pipe vr6 front brakes and krame all new fluids and stage two scach single mass clutch kit even new gear lube. Daily driven 1.5 hours each way to work everyday so need help before stuff goes bad. No cel

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Hello new to the diesel world but I did get an 02 alh:) I have done some modding to it but am in need of a tune and am looking for help...................................
Rocketchip or Malone Stage 2 or more if your clutch will handle it.

Buffwings22

TDI
10 SportWagen

Hey everyone. Currently own a 06 Passat Value Edition but looking to upgrade to a 10 TDI SportWagen. Car looks great but I have some trepidation’s with the recalls and what not. My question is how do you feel about the TDI from this year and what should I look for when I test drive and look at it. It seems like a steal of a deal at $9600 with roughly 68 k in mileage. NADA price is almost 3k more. Also my first experience with a Diesel. I also need to sell all this to my wife who a much harder sale than the actual sales person lol. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and thanks for letting me into the community.

athaki

TDI
2011 Jetta
Hello everyone. First time VW and TDI owner here. I just bought a 2011 Jetta TDI that had the emissions recall service done my birthday and only had 47K miles on it when I bought it 8 days ago. Coming from what I would call a clown car (subcompact) this vehicle is absolutely amazing. I'm blown away that I've gone 200 miles on a 1/4 of a tank of diesel. I still have a lot to learn and I'll be lurking the subs to make sure I don't ask a question that's been asked numerous times. :)

Suvesh

TDI
2.0 tdi 2006
Starting problem

Audi bkd car wont start bt if u use quick start . It will start and rev same time into limiter
Code came up as number 3 cylinder pump jet valve

Silver.fox

TDI
non yet
Newbie...need help.Looking around at the minute for a tdi engine .Am not real fond of the "fly by wire "having owned a citroen TD for years.I want to buy an engine and fit the VE pump. Do all the tdi engines except the VE pump conversion?

Adjustment

TDI
2013 Golf TDI 6sp
Hey all, a few weeks ago I moved from my beloved 1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max to a 2013 Golf TDI, 6sp, with the sunroof & nav setup. So far I love it, and have been enjoying modern amenities like bluetooth and power steering.

Haven't named it yet, but I figure I should make it mine before I do.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Hey all, a few weeks ago I moved from my beloved 1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max to a 2013 Golf TDI, 6sp, with the sunroof & nav setup. So far I love it, and have been enjoying modern amenities like bluetooth and power steering.

Haven't named it yet, but I figure I should make it mine before I do.
For future reference, photos and data work better with urls linked to files uploaded at pics.tdiclub.com.
Welcome!

EffinNewGuy

TDI
2013 JSW
Greetings all, the EffinNewGuy here. Recently bought a fixed 2013 JSW TDI, in white. This is my first diesel, but not my first VW. I previously owned a 2003 Jetta GLS 1.8T. That was a great car. I'm hoping this one will be as equally wonderful.

I sold my 2013 F150 and bought this. Looking forward to absorbing a ton of great info here.

The car is stock (DSG, Beige V-Tex, Pano Roof), so no photos for now.

P.S. - The wife wanted the roof and the auto. My next buy will be a manual GTI with no roof.

gilbertfg

TDI
MK6 Sportwagen
New guy! Looking at buying my 4th diesel vehicle! Possibly a ‘13 Sportwagen with manual tranny. It says emission have been updated but how do I verify that? Thanks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fred888

TDI
VW Polo 1.4 TDI

Hi guys.

I'd just like to say hi and introduce myself.
I have a 2006 VW Polo 14.tdi in silver.

Never missed a beat in the 3 years I've owned it however, due to my lovely daughter filling it up with petrol, it's now become unstable.

So here I am trying to find a solution to my problem by joining the TDI club.
I'm not savvy when it comes to diesel engines so I'm hoping to learn a lot from all you diesel gurus out there.

I'll check out the forum to find the correct area for posting my questions and look forward to the wealth of knowledge I'll undoubtedly gain.

Cheers

tdi_514

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI DSG
Took possession of a 2014 Jetta TDI comfortline with 78,000km yesterday. Love it so far, going at 120km/hr doing around 5.7L/100km

thewrenchbender83

TDI
14 Jetta
Picking up a '13 Jetta manual trans in the AM for a 50 mile a day commuter/occasionally 2x daily. 49k miles, 'fixed' 8-28-18 according to VW. Radical departure for me (DYI CrownVic/GMarq guy). Seeing $199 for 3 VINs and a cable, looking like a great deal/must have for me.

Only seen pics. Have a couple more to pick from if I hate it. Only in for $500 at this point.

EasyE87

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
New Volkswagen and diesel owner

Wassup y'all. Just picked up a black '15 Passat TDI SE. It looks like there's a wealth of information here, I'm looking forward to picking up tips and tricks on how to get the most out of my first TDI.

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
New guy! Looking at buying my 4th diesel vehicle! Possibly a ‘13 Sportwagen with manual tranny. It says emission have been updated but how do I verify that? Thanks....

https://www.vwdiesellookup.com/ and plug in your VIN

I too just bought a black on black 2014 Jetta TDI w/Premium pkg, can't wait for Carvana delivery!

BUGZINGA

TDI
2013 Beetle convertible 6spd
Bugzinga!

I scored a red/beige 2013 TDI Beetle Convertible 6spd with <16K miles about a month ago. I LOVE IT!!! I have now come full circle: my first car was a '74 Super Beetle! I decided to go for the TDI because of the better mpg and because diesel usually costs less than the non-ethanol premium we put in our gasoline engines. I also have a 2003 RAM 2500 diesel 6spd--hopefully, I'll never have to replace the engine on Bug.

I have missed having a convertible for about 15 years. I've had a '74 Jeep CJ5, a '74 Fiat 124 Spider, an '80 Fiat Spider 2000 (yes, I was dumb enough to have had not one, but TWO Fiats--but they're great when they run!!:D), and a '92 Mercury Capri, which I had for 10 great years. I hope to keep Bug for that long or longer!!

Is there an easy way to post a picture directly from my computer? Thanks!

gilbertfg

TDI
MK6 Sportwagen
https://www.vwdiesellookup.com/ and plug in your VIN

I too just bought a black on black 2014 Jetta TDI w/Premium pkg, can't wait for Carvana delivery!

Going with the wagon since I won’t be having my diesel truck and trailer for a while. Mainly will use it for hauling R/C cars and a little trailer to pull my generator. [emoji3]

Last edited:

grozni

TDI
1.9TDI
Hi everyone, didn't made introduction at first.
I own Golf 6 1.6TDI MY2010, own little repair shop.

DrDiesel871

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI BEW
Diesel FTW!

Hi Everyone,
Recent new TDI owner here. 2004 Jetta TDI BEW. Came to me with a blown up turbo. I work fulltime as a diesel technician, so I had a pretty good idea of what I was getting into. I bought a center section like any good cheap all mechanic would and pulled and overhauled the turbo instead of buying a reman with a warranty like sane person would have. The center section was a Dorman, which I have had good luck with over the years.
125,xxx mile car, I am about 2500 miles into commuting with it. The intake has defintely been cleaned by looking into the intake with the EGR valve removed. I pulled the CAC system apart to check for debris/oil contamination.
I will be keeping this car for a to and from work beater. Even with stock tuning and a crankcase vent, instead of an oil snorkel, this car gets great mileage for a 500 dollar mechanic special.
I am not interested in moving into diesel performance as a hobby, but a little tuning is in the future. I really like what I have read about the Malone stuff, dynamic EGR makes sense for the type of city commuting I drive to work.
I will definitely have some questions here in the future. Like all modern diesel engines, they work well, but you can't ignore maintenance.
Cheers!
Travis