Any GURU's in the Metro DC area (northern VA, DC, MD)?

SpotsPhiLL

TDI
2002 Golf TDI GLS, reflex silver
After encountering some nasty experiences recently with TDIClub Forum "Trusted Mechanics," I'm seeking out a local Guru. I'm willing to travel!

HELP!:eek:

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
Given you are in NorVA I would recommend you deal with Car 54 in the future. He did my timing belt and replaced my injection pump for a very reasonable price while I waited and gave what minor assistance I could.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Dave_D said:
Given you are in NorVA I would recommend you deal with Car 54 in the future. He did my timing belt and replaced my injection pump for a very reasonable price while I waited and gave what minor assistance I could.
Good Luck trying to contact Car 54........he has his own agenda.......
I have used Wheaton Service Center in the past and received good work....although the pricing structure was a little high.....

SpotsPhiLL

TDI
2002 Golf TDI GLS, reflex silver
tomo366 said:
Good Luck trying to contact Car 54........he has his own agenda.......
I have used Wheaton Service Center in the past and received good work....although the pricing structure was a little high.....
Wheaton messed me up. I am looking for something/someone else.

M I N I O N

scammer & kfed poser
TDI
I'm in Laurel, MD.

Certified Audi tech plus local TDI guru.. see look under my user name. :)

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
minion are you willing to travel? do you have all the tools to do a timing belt?

tmleadr03

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
SpotsPhiLL said:
After encountering some nasty experiences recently with TDIClub Forum "Trusted Mechanics," I'm seeking out a local Guru. I'm willing to travel!

HELP!:eek:
Are you still having trouble with your "dust bar"? Or now on to the coolent?

M I N I O N

scammer & kfed poser
TDI
I am willing to travel depending on how far, but I do have all the tools. Your best bet to get a hold of me is through PM.

TDI Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, 1996 Passat Variant (RIP), 2002 Jetta Wagon, 1995 Passat Variant TDI conversion brought back from the dead, 1997 Passat Variant project, and returned 2014 Passat
2 Votes for Oliver!!!

I will second Oliver, or "TDI Racing". Hi is a great guy, will make sure the job is done right, which is well worth the trouble in the end as you have found out. Good luck!

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
Thanks guys for so much feedback!!! I'm really appreciative. Sorry MINION we were hit and miss I found a local guru. He had all the right tools and vag. car is running great. I found it was time for the service, after looking at the parts taken off. So mine was done at 93,042 miles using the diesel geek complete kit. I changed the oil, and put on the ATLAS skid plate and new side covers the next day. nozzles are this weekend. I can't wait to put in the Power Plus 520's!!! I'll do the rear brakes and flush the brake system too. I hope the clutch and turbo last til 150k. no more power mods. tryin out the ELF DID 5w-40 still using mann filters for but air. I wish that amsoil would have the nano oil filter. I love the nano air filter. BTW this is a commuter car nothing fast.

Last edited: