Did the dealership tell me accurate buyback information???

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
The whole purpose of your thread was to create an echo chamber for people sharing your beliefs about the process as evidenced by the fact that anytime a viewpoint contradicting yours is presented it's categorized as confusion and fear mongering.

I've written why the dealer told you that, and I've reiterated multiple times that my responses were directed at those attempting to game the system by waiting much longer than a few months or December of this year, and I've pointed out how the other aspects of the buyback have managed to squeeze out those who waited until the last minute for their particular type of claims. You persist in clinging to your personal interpretation of the terms, the law, and the procedures being utilized by VW rather than acknowledge the risk, however small you perceive it to be, that VW will make it more difficult, if not impossible, to avail yourself of any offers once they've satisfied the courts in regards to the minimal number of affected vehicles they're responsible for fixing or buying back.

Slickshoes

TDI
1999 Jetta TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
The whole purpose of your thread was to create an echo chamber for people sharing your beliefs about the process as evidenced by the fact that anytime a viewpoint contradicting yours is presented it's categorized as confusion and fear mongering.

I've written why the dealer told you that, and I've reiterated multiple times that my responses were directed at those attempting to game the system by waiting much longer than a few months or December of this year, and I've pointed out how the other aspects of the buyback have managed to squeeze out those who waited until the last minute for their particular type of claims. You persist in clinging to your personal interpretation of the terms, the law, and the procedures being utilized by VW rather than acknowledge the risk, however small you perceive it to be, that VW will make it more difficult, if not impossible, to avail yourself of any offers once they've satisfied the courts in regards to the minimal number of affected vehicles they're responsible for fixing or buying back.

Bizzle, I like how I told you why I created the thread and then you proceed to correct me and tell me "The whole purpose of your thread" speech. I guess you know myself better than me :confused:

You are constantly deflecting as if everyone is wrong and you are right. Stop being so defensive based on your speculation of what VW is going to do or not going to do. You clearly are far from an expert in this matter. In my opinion, I think you just like to hear yourself talk/type long drawn out whimsical laborious responses.

Last edited:

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Bizzle, I like how I told you why I created the thread and then you proceed to correct me and tell me "The whole purpose of your thread" speech. I guess you know myself better than me :confused:

You are constantly deflecting as if everyone is wrong and you are right. Stop being so defensive based on your speculation of what VW is going to do or not going to do. You clearly are far from an expert in this matter. In my opinion, I think you just like to hear yourself talk/type long drawn out whimsical laborious responses.
You literally wrote that you believe the information provided to you was wrong and that you simply want validation of your opinion, which you obviously formed before you created the thread.
the whole purpose of my thread was to validate that the dealership feedback was inaccurate
How is that anything other than creating an echo chamber for people sharing your belief?

It's not even clear how you think your description and mine substantively differ other than the fact you don't like the way mine sounds and the way I described how you've behaved in the thread.

I'll make a short and simple response for you so as to avoid a whimsical, laborious response.
Can someone help provide clarity on this matter:confused:
VW is only financially responsible for 85% of the vehicles and there is no court mechanism for them to care beyond that threshold. Expecting them to uphold the settlement once that threshold is crossed is begging for problems. Regardless of my expertise (which is relevant, FYI), my previous opinions regarding this settlement have been validated by additional court rulings. Furthermore, people are currently experiencing problems in other settlement areas that should give pause to anyone considering waiting until the last minute to act (the cited court documents even warn against doing so).

Last edited:

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
I'm not fearmongering. tadawson was arguing elsewhere in support of positions like this:

which are clearly advocating not having the second phase of the fix done until well after 2018 in order to try and extend the warranty beyond what VW intended to offer.

What you are seeing is the tail end of my response, which is more throughly explained in that thread, that available appointments are going to dry up once VW reaches the 85% threshold and the portion you quoted supports my position--VW specifically warns that they won't be held responsible if you can't schedule an appointment on time due to lack of availability. They attribute it to the December holidays, but buyback owners are finding out appointments are already difficult to schedule with fewer dealerships that are much more spread out (some people are having to drive hundreds of miles to an appointment).
Nope, I was simply pointing out that your 85% claim is pure crap, nothing more, nothing less . . .

Oh, and *plonk* . . . I've had it with your misguided spew . . .

Slickshoes

TDI
1999 Jetta TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
You literally wrote that you believe the information provided to you was wrong and that you simply want validation of your opinion, which you obviously formed before you created the thread.

Here we go again. You telling me when my opinion was formed as if you know me better than I know myself. It's comical at this point. You are WRONG yet again! Surprise surprise. My opinion/knowledge prior to this post was not formed before I created the thread. The legalities were still changing and evolving. I simply wanted to clarify how long I can keep my car before I sell it back to VW and prove that the 60-85% rule (that was getting tossed around) was bogus, based on the false pretenses it was presented to me. And certain veteran responses and me reading the court docs (and filling out the settlement paper work) have validated that, so I can take appropriate action.

How is that anything other than creating an echo chamber for people sharing your belief?

Just agree with why I started this thread versus saying "echo chamber" and "sharing your belief". Your responses are so rhetoric. It's like you can't simply agree but have to use your own wordy version. Yes, I was given bogus information from the dealership and I already knew it, but wanted to further validate it. It's been validated.

It's not even clear how you think your description and mine substantively differ other than the fact you don't like the way mine sounds and the way I described how you've behaved in the thread.

"VW is only financially responsible for 85% of the vehicles and there is no court mechanism for them to care beyond that threshold." THIS IS WHERE WE DISAGREE!!!!!!!!!! DING DING DING:eek:

It's quite clear. I can hold out to the end and VW will have to modify or buy back my vehicle even after the 85% is met in September. That's where we disagree. Secondly, you have described how I have behaved?? I do not recall that. Besides, what are you my father? Clearly, you're a lawyer that likes to hear himself talk/type and thinks hes smarter than everyone else, which couldn't be further from the truth. Ignorance is bliss!

I'll make a short and simple response for you so as to avoid a whimsical, laborious response.

VW is only financially responsible for 85% of the vehicles and there is no court mechanism for them to care beyond that threshold. Expecting them to uphold the settlement once that threshold is crossed is begging for problems. Regardless of my expertise (which is relevant, FYI), my previous opinions regarding this settlement have been validated by additional court rulings. Furthermore, people are currently experiencing problems in other settlement areas that should give pause to anyone considering waiting until the last minute to act (the cited court documents even warn against doing so).

And your response was still lengthy, but you're getting better. Still room for improvement :D