Golf MK3 AGG engine number location

Kumudu

TDI
VW Golf Cabriolet 2000
Can someone please help me to locate where the engine number is stamped on an AGG 2.0L petrol engine? My car is a Golf Cabriolet 2000 with an 8V AGG engine.

I have to take the car for an inspection and they will be looking for the engine number. I am trying to locate it before taking it and then clean the area a little bit so I don't have to spend a lot of time at the inspection center. If they cannot find it then I will have to go through quite a bit of trouble. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, I am looking for the stamped engine number on the block as they won't accept the engine number printed on labels or any other places.

Thanks a gain.
Kumudu

Last edited:

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Can someone please help me to locate where the engine number is stamped on an AGG 2.0L petrol engine? My car is a Golf Cabriolet 2000 with an 8V AGG engine.

I have to take the car for an inspection and they will be looking for the engine number. I am trying to locate it before taking it and then clean the area a little bit so I don't have to spend a lot of time at the inspection center. If they cannot find it then I will have to go through quite a bit of trouble. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, I am looking for the stamped engine number on the block as they won't accept the engine number printed on labels or any other places.

Thanks a gain.
Kumudu
Should be on the portion of the block facing the front of the car, near or under the cooling system flange located just off-center and under spark plugs, but above the oil filter stand. Look for a flat surface that sticks out from the block, that will have the number you're looking for.

Steve