Heater control Valve

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, 2014 Touareg- R Line
Hi,

Lost my heat all heat, all of a sudden, in my T3. I didn’t see any fault codes via obdeleven. I suspect it’s the heater control valve(part info below) as blower motor works. I’m going to check out the heater core lines that are accessible under the left front wheel well. Question is, where would the heater valve typically located as I dug around and couldn’t find. Would it be underneath the dash, before I start tripping stuff apart?

https://germanparts.ca/parts/A7418

Thanks,

Ron

Last edited:

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Common problem, search on Club Touareg you should find install info.

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
I tried that, and unable to find answer for my model. I’m going to look at it over the weekend, and just ordered the heater control valve. I saw diagram and just wasn’t sure it was under dash, but I’ll figure it out.

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
Went to dealer today to check on parts and spoke to service advisor, who mentioned 2 Touareg came in with no heat, and issue was with coolant shut off valve (N82). I’m guessing mine is probably the same issue, but will check.

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
Just an update, I checked the coolant lines feeding the heater valve and all the lines are cold, when car is fully heated. I also noticed my temperature shoots up from cold to hot real fast, so thermostat is likely completely closed?

Will update for those having similar issues, as I suspect coolant not circulating through the heater core.

Rom

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
Update-Issue was with coolant shut off valve (N82). Heat working now.

Part# 7PP819810A

Cheers,

Ron

Last edited:

1975 Kombi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2011 Touareg TDI, 1992 D Jetta, 1992 TD Jetta, 2001 NB TDI, 1992 Golf coupe D
I'm working on this now. I have the valve out but it seems to be working on the bench. Must have been stuck. May go with a new one anyway.