April 22nd GTG in Vancouver, BC

TDIBri

Veteran Member
Hi Everyone,

Just to keep things clean, I started this new thread to ensure nobody gets confused (original here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=133187)

When: Sat April 22nd (10am - ?)
Where: [SIZE=-1]Andes Auto Service
255 7th Avenue East (lot off the rear on 6th)
Vancouver, BC
Map: http://www.google.ca/local?hl=en&lr=&q=andes+auto&near=Vancouver,+BC&ll=49.2645,-123.102965&spn=0.009312,0.020728&t=h

Thanks to Tony (VW Petrolero) of Andes Auto as he has again offered up his shop as a gathering point - it has been a great venue in past events! Neil from Evolution Auto Accessories and his wonderful skid plates (amongst other widgets) has said he will make it over to the mainland for the event. Get your order in before he comes!

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]This will primarily be a wrenching GTG but anyone and everyone is welcome to come by and spectate, learn or show off your car! If the interest is there, we could also cap the day off with a cruise in the afternoon: possibly to one of the BioD retailers and then a pub/restaurant? Thoughts?
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
Anyway - Please add your name to the list including any work you plan on doing and any contributions you can make!

1: TDIBri: skidplate install and motor mounts / flat of soft drinks
2:
3:
4:
5:

[/SIZE]

WDM

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Mk IV Wagon/2005/Reflex Silver
Ah crap, looks like I'm missing another...

Tony's shop and everything, have a great time yous mugs!

absurd_username

TDI
2005 Spice Red Jetta Wagon
[SIZE=-1]Great! Is it possible to pay for the skidplate (with oile drain hole) at this GTG or do I need to send payment via Paypal at site? I'd also like a large upper bumper protector, if it isn't too much trouble. The doggies tend to scratch up the bumper as they get into and out of the wagon.

2: absurd_username (George): skidplate install / Tortilla chips w Salsa
3:
4:
5:

[/SIZE][/quote]

Last edited:

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
I would be interested in coming down from Squamish for this. I would like to get someone in to tint my windows - any suggestions?

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
I will try to make it not to sure though, things a little hairy around here, looks like a new job :) newplace and looks like a new little one on the way :)

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
[SIZE=-1]1: TDIBri: skidplate install and motor mounts / flat of soft drinks
3: Ed's TDI: just talking diesel and meeting people / bottled water
4:
5:

By the way Eric, congratulations on the upcoming addition to your family!:)
[/SIZE]

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Thanks a little sooner than hoped but it's all good, just need to get that new job and find aplace now :)

GolfCL

TDI
Golf GLS, 2004, Reflex Silver
4: Golf CL: Sporting my new 337 body kit & OEM exhaust / diet pop or bottled water
5:

Where is Freddy hiding... sign up man![/SIZE]

GolfCL

TDI
4: Golf CL: Sporting my new 337 body kit & OEM exhaust / diet pop or bottled water
5:

GolfCL

TDI
5:

GolfCL

TDI
5:

GolfCL

TDI
5:

brando06

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf Tdi Silver
Gtg

5: Brando06: My first GTG, just wanting to learn some stuff about my car / Chips

First GTG and looking forward to it. I don't even know what to expect. I have no mods done to my car under the hood, just cosmetics right now ie. tinted windows, pedals, antenna. I need some help with that stuff. Any under the engine stuff go on at these GTG's??

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It all depends on what you want to do and what parts you bring. If you want a nice little upgrade in power, maybe you can buy a set of injector nozzles or even complete injectors and someone at the GTG can help you with the swap. I know that there were a couple of slightly used injectors for sale in the classifieds that were a pretty good deal. Or you can get hold of one of the local vendors of these products and buy a new set. I know JS Performance in Abbotsford sells them, as does Kinetic Motorsports in Surrey. I'm not sure what brand they sell, though. You may even have enough time between now and the GTG to order some Sprint of PP nozzles form KERMA (Charile) and have them shipped express.

Another option is to see if Neil form Evolution would be willing to flash the chip in your car if he's coming over for the GTG. He's an Upsolute rep and he may be able to work something out for you. Give him an e-mail and see if you can set things up!

Other than that, you can chat with people, check out what others have done to their cars, maybe even go for a ride in a car that has some power mods to see what you can expect for your hard earned cash when you buy power upgrades. Also, Tony has any number of items for regualr maintenace stuff like oil/air/cabin filters etc so you can get some hands-on experience doing basic upkeep on your car and have someone there to watch and make sure you do it right. It beats going to the dealership!

EVONELLY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Touareg TDI
Evolution at Ande's

Amie and I would love to come to the GTG. We plan to be there for sure so here is what we can do for any pre-orders:

Just go to www.evolutionimport.com and register to make an account. Pick what you would like to buy and make sure to choose instore pick up at check out so shipping doesn't get applied to your invoice. As for payment, you can pay with PayPal online or your can phone your Visa or MasterCard info into us at:

250-245-3893

We will bring all the products that were ordered to the GTG. Please make sure to order well in advance so we have lots of time to get everything ready. If your plannning on buying a skid plate, this is the best time as you will have a lift and lots of fellow tdiclub members to lend a hand.

Any questions please email or phone us:

info@evolutionimport.com

Cheers.:)

EVONELLY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Touareg TDI
5: Brando06: My first GTG, just wanting to learn some stuff about my car / Chips
6: nelly2400: Skid plates, Chip tunning, VW chat and Crackers & Cheese for a snack.

TDIBri

Veteran Member
Order is in the "mail"!

nelly2400 said:
Amie and I would love to come to the GTG. We plan to be there for sure so here is what we can do for any pre-orders...
Thanks again Neil for offering to come over. It should be another fun GTG!

I submitted my order online earlier today - Thank you for the clarification on the different skidplate types and on whether or not I should get a oil drain hole!

Cheers,
- Brian

TDiMike

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI, reflex silver (sold)
6: nelly2400: Skid plates, Chip tunning, VW chat and Crackers & Cheese for a snack.
7. TDiMike: Coolant sensor replacement / Coffee & timbits

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
I wouldn;t think that he does, as I don;t think he has a welder there, I could be wrong though....

VW Petrolero

Veteran Member
TDI
2018 Golf SW 1.8 TSI
No Welding at Andes Auto

brando06 said:
Hey does anyone know if at Andes he does mufflerectomy's?? Cuz i would love to get that done at the GTG.
Eric is right no welding at my shop.
Later
Tony

thejestertdi

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportswagen TDI
I am going to try to make it, I just moved so things are crazy right now.. and I am starting a new job, but I would like to make it up there and see ya'll.

8. JesterTDI: boost valve/gauge install / Case of Gatorade?

PS: Eric Congrats, I am going to try to get in touch with you as soon as things slow down so hopefully before GTG..

tdi_sport

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd tdi sport (limited edition) platinum grey and a 1996 dodge cummins diesel 4x4 5sp lots of mods and a 335d stock for now.
sigh. one week 2 l8. a new set of injectors would have been great. alas i leave for edmonton and fort mac the day after easter. i would have loved to attend a gtg. therz so much i want to do to my car.

Baggio

TDI
Touareg
9. Baggio: cylinder 3 glow plug... j/k
I get off work at 6pm so i may not make it!?

brando06

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf Tdi Silver
Ughh

Last minute plans and i gotta go out of town!! Was hoping to make it to my first GTG. Hopefully we'll be able to have another one next month.

JoeHafner

Registered Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2014
9. Baggio: cylinder 3 glow plug... j/k
I get off work at 6pm so i may not make it!?
10. Joe Hafner VAG COM and DieselPower products

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hey Joe, glad you're coming out! It'll be nice to meet you and talk about how you guys did at Ashcroft (I was planning on coming out but the Ex made a mistake with planning her Holiday weekend and I had to change my timetable for picking up my kids).

I'll be on the 7:00 ferry across (hopefully!) so I should be at Tony's bright and early, maybe even have a chance to clean my car a bit.

Hey Neil, what time are you and Amie coming across? I suppose you're going via Duke Point? Oh well, I'll see you guys there!