Injectors and anti-seize?

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
Thinking about pulling the injectors to check them out once more and was wondering if putting a little anti-seize on them will facilitate easier removal next time and if there is any reason not to do so.

Any thoughts?

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
I have used it...especially on #3

Ron, do you have a way to test them once they're out?

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
Yea Tom, that @#$% number three sure is a bugger. No, I don`t have a tester but Jeff does and I think the next time he`s around I`ll pull them and put them through the test. I just want to take a look to see if there is any coking/etc. going on and take note of the general condition. One more thing to tinker with, as if the new house wasn`t enough to keep me busy.
Thanks for confirming the anti-seize is OK to use in this application.

PaulB

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE M6
I've always used ordinary engine oil, a few dribbles from the dipstick, with spark plugs in gas engines having aluminum heads. It's always worked just fine for me. My guess is it would work the same way for injector threads. YMMV...

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
some diesels are threaded. I think the early VWs were.

lupin..the..3rd

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat B4 1996
I've always used ordinary engine oil, a few dribbles from the dipstick, with spark plugs in gas engines having aluminum heads. It's always worked just fine for me. My guess is it would work the same way for injector threads. YMMV...
Personally, I'm a fan of Lubro-Moly anti-seize. I use it on brake pad backings, wheel lug bolts, injectors, just about anything that you don't want stuck. Highly recommend.