MK6 Wheel Question

BioFuelsDude

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta SE TDI/DSG
Hello,

I want to replace one of my Jetta 'Navarra' style wheels and get a 5th one so I can extend all of my tires "lifespan". That being said I'm confused on the whole TPMS sensor thing.

Do I buy and add it to the wheel or does it it run off the ABS sensor? I have read so many answers on this forum and I can not really figure out what is the correct answer.

Thank you in advance.

Erik

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
Is the valve stem rubber or metal on your rims?

If rubber then it works on rotation. If metal then on electronic TPMS.

austino123

TDI
2000 passat 2.8 20v
2014 Jetta TDI. I have rubber valve stems on my original tires. When these are on there is no TPMS light. I put rims and tires on from a 2009 Jetta that have 3 metal stems and 1 rubber stem and I get a TPMS light. All tires are exactly 38 psi. How do I get the light to go out with the used rims that possibly have TPMS sensors on them?

BioFuelsDude

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta SE TDI/DSG
2014 Jetta TDI. I have rubber valve stems on my original tires. When these are on there is no TPMS light. I put rims and tires on from a 2009 Jetta that have 3 metal stems and 1 rubber stem and I get a TPMS light. All tires are exactly 38 psi. How do I get the light to go out with the used rims that possibly have TPMS sensors on them?

I could be wrong but I think you have the light on your 2009 because your one wheel does not have the sensor installed. You would probably have to buy and install the sensor to make it work.