Drivers side DRL removal

Mugs

TDI
2014 Jetta, comfortline 6 spd /man
Anyone have trouble getting out their drivers side DRL on their 2014 jetta , got the passenger side but tried twice with the drivers side so far and no luck. It's minus 22 here so it doesn't help and one tight spot to get at.

Just wondered if there is a trick short of taking out the headlight assembly any hints will be appreciated. Going to a friends place tomorrow to use his shop maybe we will get lucky.

I got my bulbs from USP they where great to deal with. Hard to say if the LEDs project as far as the bulb or are as bright until both are in but the one I have in gives off a nice crisp light .

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Anyone have trouble getting out their drivers side DRL on their 2014 jetta , got the passenger side but tried twice with the drivers side so far and no luck. It's minus 22 here so it doesn't help and one tight spot to get at.

Just wondered if there is a trick short of taking out the headlight assembly any hints will be appreciated. Going to a friends place tomorrow to use his shop maybe we will get lucky.

I got my bulbs from USP they where great to deal with. Hard to say if the LEDs project as far as the bulb or are as bright until both are in but the one I have in gives off a nice crisp light .
If it anything like my 12 you have to remove the bumper cover to remove the headlight assembly. Very dumb idea pita if you ask me. If you have anything other than the factory headlamps this is the only way to replace the lights.

mac5155

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta
No need to do that.. it's way down in there though. You need small hands.

Mugs

TDI
2014 Jetta, comfortline 6 spd /man
Thanks for the replies ! We got it today in my buddies warm shop. We took off the fuse cover to give us a bit more room and that did the trick. Be careful with the back tab on the cover mine broke - maybe due to the extreme cold. The USP bulbs don't project the light like the originals but like I said the light they emit is nice and crisp, and no codes at all so I'm happy. Reverse LEDS go in when plastic is less breakable.

akjdouglass

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/premium (sold to VW); 2014 Jetta Value Edition; 2015 Jetta SEL; 2003 Jetta GL
Great job for the wife. There was zero chance of me getting mine out without her small hands. With just a little coaching she was able to get the job done.

Alan Drake

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 DSG
Has anyone just removed the DRL bulbs and not replaced with anything, ie turned them OFF ??? No codes?
Anyone know of other ways to turn OFF My 2010 has a switch that works just fine. Looking at a new 2015, but need to remove those DRL.