What did you do to your MK7 today?

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
R seats are the nicest, as the extra adjustments including the up down lumbar and real leather for me make an S into a confortable car.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Used it this week to get to the new job and home. Did almost 500 miles on my GSW this week. Would
Be really cool to make it a whole work week on one tank but its about 3 gallons shy if I had to guess. Just a small bummer but one that is a very simple thing to live with. I can deal with two fill ups a week lol. Think I ran her too low this morning. Put in over 11 gallons lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Put in over 11 gallons lol
Checking the records on my '15 GSW, I once put in 12.71 gallons. That was on a trip into the Yukon and sometimes you have to run on residuals for a while to get to the next place with fuel you can trust. :D

JeffsSportWagen

Usually between the Florida Gulf Coast & Treasure
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen S TDI/dsg
Where did you buy that lower grille from? I want the honeycomb to match my upper grille but been having trouble finding the part number.
Looks good :)
Thanks! I bought the used GTI bumper cover and it included everything, but the only real damage other than the holes drilled in it for the front lic plate was to the lower grill which was obvious in the ebay listing. So I ordered the replacement lower grill from RockAuto. (Only piece that isn't oem)

Drys

TDI
'15 GSW SEL
Thanks! I bought the used GTI bumper cover and it included everything, but the only real damage other than the holes drilled in it for the front lic plate was to the lower grill which was obvious in the ebay listing. So I ordered the replacement lower grill from RockAuto. (Only piece that isn't oem)
Taking a wild guess and saying the lower grille for the GTI wont fit the stock GSW bumper?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Was messing around with the wiring in the TIUL connection point behind the hood release cowling, so while down there, I installed these that I found in the clearance bin at AA Rodriguez (tunemyeuro.com).

galexandr

TDI
JSW 2012
Ladies and gentlemen ... it finally happened -- ACC on a 2015 VW Golf SportWagen TDI SEL.
I am still working out the kinks and figuring things out but a quick recap, about two years ago i started the project of retrofitting an adaptive cruise control into my 2015 VW Golf SportWagen TDI SEL. Getting the right gear wasnt that difficult, forum has pretty much all data necessary, but figuring how to get it working is another story. The overall cost of the project was $1600, way more than I wanted to spend, but in future posts I will outline the entire process of how I got it working and help you obtain similar results for may be $700-$900. For now, please enjoy a few videos of the ACC in action.
Thans,
A
Link to the entire album which captures the life of my car: https://flic.kr/s/aHskT1rfrU

Video cannot be played on the forum, please click below v
Untitled by A G, on Flickr

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
not bad, now you can scroll TDI club while the car drives you to work!

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Ladies and gentlemen ... it finally happened -- ACC on a 2015 VW Golf SportWagen TDI SEL.
I am still working out the kinks and figuring things out but a quick recap, about two years ago i started the project of retrofitting an adaptive cruise control into my 2015 VW Golf SportWagen TDI SEL. Getting the right gear wasnt that difficult, forum has pretty much all data necessary, but figuring how to get it working is another story. The overall cost of the project was $1600, way more than I wanted to spend, but in future posts I will outline the entire process of how I got it working and help you obtain similar results for may be $700-$900. For now, please enjoy a few videos of the ACC in action.
Thans,
A
See my signature. :D
(Now working on Lane Assist - if you're looking to board that train, let's compare notes!)

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
My black golf sits outside and the ceramic pro coating has held up well for over 2 1/2 years with only it peeled on one of eds head lights. Dirt just doesn't stick to it.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
eds lights are known to flake off/delam, some sort of 3m film is best for those.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
My black golf sits outside and the ceramic pro coating has held up well for over 2 1/2 years with only it peeled on one of eds head lights. Dirt just doesn't stick to it.
i have ceramic pro on my black car too. i kinda regret getting it. dried up water spots from passing rain, or sprinkler are hard to get out. however, after washing my car, the nice deep black gloss puts a smile on my face :D

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Drove it! Got Rocketchip to update the tune, so I re-installed the ECU, checked for codes (none) and drove it. I don't remember when I last drove it, but the clock is on daylight savings time. And boy were the tires flat spotted. The updated tune is nice. Feels even stronger at low revs than before.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Wonder what he changed, such a shame you don't drive it more.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I do like the spice!

I tossed some osram nighbraker lasers in the stock halogens lows and then codded off DRL (via adding the option from the infotainment).

For $30 it's the most I'm willing to spend on upgrading lighting, if I like the low beams i may invest another $30 in highbeams as well as maybe a pair for the Passat.

Drys

TDI
'15 GSW SEL
I do like the spice!

I tossed some osram nighbraker lasers in the stock halogens lows and then codded off DRL (via adding the option from the infotainment).

For $30 it's the most I'm willing to spend on upgrading lighting, if I like the low beams i may invest another $30 in highbeams as well as maybe a pair for the Passat.
My halogens lights have regular H7 bulbs, are the nightbreakers worth the $30? Haven't pulled the trigger yet on the upgraded Helix (or other brand) $500+ housings. Really would like the dual horseshoe DRL.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ED's headlights are better than helix if you plan on upgrading. he sometimes has specials.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Took the wagon to the dealer to have a DSG issue checked out. The apron to our garage is a slight upward slope and, when backing in, it will occasionally hiccup out and then back into reverse. I checked for transmission codes with VCDS, but there were none and they couldn't find anything either. Fluid is at the correct level and they said to report if it continues. They did the sunroof drain recall while I was there, though...

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
I had my car in for other unrelated warranty work and they also did this sunroof warranty work. Some sort of drain modification?

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
"Service Campaign", so technically not a "Recall".
I hope they removed the drain valves on the rears, too. On mine, the rears were more restricted than the fronts. The fronts and right rear are protected from road spray, the left rear is not.