2011 jetta tdi red stearing wheel?

abela

TDI
Jetta
So came home from work last night and turned off car and herd this beeping looked on dash and there it was red steering wheel and went from yellow to red and car is dead only power to headlights and radio and nothing else! so any help would be greatly appreciated checked fuses,battery and grounds.

VicGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW Golf Wagon, 97 Golf Turbo Diesel
My 2012 owners manual suggests that it's either:
"Electronic Steering Lock Malfunction" or "Power steering Malfunction" and it sounds like it's the Steering Lock in your car, since "the ignition cannot be switched on" in that case.

The manual also cautions: "The vehicle must not be towed."

abela

TDI
Jetta
melted fuses

i found 2 fuses burnt melted number 18 and 19 they were melted any help would be great thanks in advance to everyone for the help.

abela

TDI
Jetta
Help please!

ok changed the two fuces today and still have the red steering wheel and no power to anything but lights, radio, and, locks this is my daughters car and she can not afford to bring it to vw.

abela

TDI
Jetta
"Electronic Steering Lock Malfunction" or "Power steering Malfunction" is there anyway i can check this or is there a fuce for it or something?

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
You need to find out why the fuses melted. Fuses usually don't melt. What shape are the fuse sockets in? Are they melted too?