FS 2001 beetle tdi 207k $1200

jason0423

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 gsw tdi
I posted this before in the wrong section. I prefer to sell the whole car rather than parts.
Selling 2001 beetle gls tdi. 207k miles, automatic. Baltic blue, black cloth interior. Power roof with clean drain tubes. Brand new tires. It needs ps pulley and probably the whole ps pump. As it is, the serpentine belt is off, and so it need to be jump started. It will start and drive, but just on battery power until that's replaced.
It is plastidipped black over the Baltic blue. I'm not a painter, so it's far from perfect, but it's better than the peeling clearcoat that was on it before.
Only selling because I want the garage space for my new car. Still own a tdi, so I'll still be around here.

I figure $1200 obo is fair. If I don't get close, I'll just banish it to the driveway and keep working on it when I can.

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
Condition/service of AT trans?
Date/miles of last timing belt service?
What all was changed at that time?

Thanks

jason0423

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 gsw tdi
I've only had it a short time, so I don't have a lot of history on it. The trans had an issue going into everse when I first got it, but nothing since then. I think it just hadn't been driven, because it backs up without issue every time now, as well as forward.
Timing belt I'm not sure. Previous owner told me after he sold it to me that he'd had it changed right around 20k miles ago in 2014, but he had no shop name or receipt. I'd already bought the car and taken it home, so he had no reason to lie, but I don't know for sure. The car is currently on waiting list with one of the gurus from this page for a timing belt service. If I don't sell it by the time he tells me he's ready for it, I'll just get it all done. Of course, I wouldn't sell it for $1200 then though. I know looks don't matter, but the belt does look in pretty decent shape.

jason0423

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 gsw tdi
Delivery to Vancouver, BC?

Sounds like a steal - Good luck with the sale!
Absolutely! small delivery fee, lol. I think it's a great price. I just want it to go to someone that will put the work into it and finish what I've started. I've just realized that with six kids, I don't have the time needed to finish this quickly, and I need to get my garage parking spot back for my Golf.

jason0423

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 gsw tdi
Bump $1000. If I don't get it sold today, I'll part it out. It's too nice a car for that though. I just need the space. Clean title.

Last edited: