15 Jetta TDI Hesitation/harsh downshifts

Itsmillertime88

TDI
2015 Jetta
Just bought my second VW, first diesel car I have owned. So far so good I love the gas mileage and torque the diesel makes. Have a question though, when first starting the car in the morning or if it has been sitting for a couple hours or more there is an incline at stoplight right outside my apartment I usually have to stop for. If the car is stopped and the light turns green and moving over the accelerator pedal it almost seems to hesitate delay before it'll finally get the command I've given it. Has anyone else felt this? Also I have the DSG and it's noticeable that usually when braking you can feel harsh downshifting almost like the car is bucking/jerking. I've driven mostly GM cars and I know most of their transmissions are adaptive to driving habits, is that how this is? I got the car with 18,920 and I have put 530 miles so far in a couple weeks. Just seeing if it's being paranoid or if something the dealer needs to take a look at

Thanks
Chris

diesel power

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta MKVI 2014 Jetta MKIV 2001
I can only speak for myself having a manual, but yes, it holds the brake applied for two seconds I think. (Which is annoying for someone who has driven diesel all his life !!)