Adding 9w7 to non Bluetooth car

hymato

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta TDI(buyback) Now 2005.5 Jetta tdi
So I've installed my RNS-510 and it didn't drain the battery so I lucked out there. I ordered a new Bluetooth harness but my question is where the green plug that goes into the back of the radio there are a red and black wire which I assume power the module but also two orange wire one with a purple tracer and one with a black tracer. Does anyone know where they go?

[/IMG]

tleader

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I did the same thing to my 06. Bought an aftermarket harness and did the install. It works great on the Bluetooth, the only problem I have found is the info displaying on the screen. Sometimes it connects, but will not allow for control of the tracks or display the info on the screen. Not sure if you may run into the same problem, may be something funky in my vehicle.

tleader

Veteran Member
TDI
None
You connect the CAN wires right there in the plug for the stereo. The two same color wires are in the plug. You can just tap into them and adjust your CAN module for the changes in the stereo. You will need to add the navigation and phone if you are doing both of those upgrades. All the wires for power and the CAN are right there in the plug.

I will say that if for some reason it does not work, the CAN wires were reversed in my aftermarket harness. At the plug for the BT module, the two CAN wires were in the wrong pins (reversed). That took me a while to figure out, so just in case you can't get it to connect.

Also, I have the Polar FIS already in my vehicle and changed out the CAN module to one from a 2010. Not sure if that is the deciding factor, but thought about it after I posted.

Last edited:

hymato

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta TDI(buyback) Now 2005.5 Jetta tdi
Wires were backwards on module plug! I didn't even have to code it in just hooked right up!