2005 B5 5spd Passat TDI

burnercan

TDI
2005 Passat
FS: 2005 B5.5 5spd Passat TDI Calgary AB $6000CAD $4500USD

***SOLD***

After accepting to relocate to Switzerland, I'm forced to put my Passat up for sale.
I purchased the car from the original owner with a failing tiptronic and did the conversion to an FHN 5 speed myself (I'm a mechanic...) with a kit acquired from Dutch Auto Parts. Many thanks for all of the information I found on these boards to do the job! The good news is I'll be able to just buy another Passat with a 5 speed over there instead of the song and dance of converting it.
  • Located near Calgary AB
  • 272000km 169000mi
  • FHN 5 Speed installed with the Valeo Clutch at 269000km
  • Alternator Pully and belts replaced at 269000km
  • New Windshield
  • New Headlight and Fog Light assemblies (not because of a wreck, still have the old yellow ones..)
  • Timing, Water Pump replaced at 233000km
  • Front and Rear Control Arms replaced and Wheel Alignment at 255000km, drives really nice.
  • 2 Sets of factory wheels in reasonable shape. One set with an excellent set of winters, one set with a 70% worn set of winters.
  • Very nice interior, with no notable damage. 8/10
  • Engine cover install mod done (stupid right? why not just throw it in the garbage?)
There are a few small areas of surface rust which could use attention, pics to follow. The LH rear window is disconnected from the regulator, but the motor works. I hope to get this fixed prior to sale.
The car comes with a brand new Kerma TDI balance shaft delete kit, but I don't think I will have time to install it. It also comes with a Malone Flashzilla and cables.
I'm looking for reasonable price suggestions/offers on it from this community before listing it and having to try and explain everything to someone who knows nothing about a B5.5 Passat.
I did read the FAQ but saw nothing about how posting pictures so here is a link to some:
http://s493.photobucket.com/user/burnercan/library/Passat
More pics to follow..

Last edited:

Doug Belknap

TDI
96 B4 TDI
import

Hi,
Is there some way you can sell this in U.S. that is an exception to 25 yr requirement?
Or are you advertising for Canadian sale?

After accepting to relocate to Switzerland, I'm forced to put my Passat up for sale.
I purchased the car from the original owner with a failing tiptronic and did the conversion to an FHN 5 speed myself (I'm a mechanic...) with a kit acquired from Dutch Auto Parts. Many thanks for all of the information I found on these boards to do the job! The good news is I'll be able to just buy another Passat with a 5 speed over there instead of the song and dance of converting it.
  • Located near Calgary AB
  • 272000km 169000mi
  • FHN 5 Speed installed with the Valeo Clutch at 269000km
  • Alternator Pully and belts replaced at 269000km
  • New Windshield
  • New Headlight and Fog Light assemblies (not because of a wreck, still have the old yellow ones..)
  • Timing, Water Pump replaced at 233000km
  • Front and Rear Control Arms replaced and Wheel Alignment at 255000km, drives really nice.
  • 2 Sets of factory wheels in reasonable shape. One set with an excellent set of winters, one set with a 70% worn set of winters.
  • Very nice interior, with no notable damage. 8/10
  • Engine cover install mod done (stupid right? why not just throw it in the garbage?)
There are a few small areas of surface rust which could use attention, pics to follow. The LH rear window is disconnected from the regulator, but the motor works. I hope to get this fixed prior to sale.
The car comes with a brand new Kerma TDI balance shaft delete kit, but I don't think I will have time to install it. It also comes with a Malone Flashzilla and cables.
I'm looking for reasonable price suggestions/offers on it from this community before listing it and having to try and explain everything to someone who knows nothing about a B5.5 Passat.

I did read the FAQ but saw nothing about how posting pictures so here is a link to some:
http://s493.photobucket.com/user/burnercan/library/Passat
More pics to follow..

burnercan

TDI
2005 Passat
You'd have to check import requirements. I would happily sell it south of the border but the buyer would have to be responsible for any import formalities/charges/shipping.

burnercan

TDI
2005 Passat
Mods: I tried to update the thread title (after reading the instructions, sorry...) but it doesn't seem to update in the thread list.

Clroads

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan, 05 Passat sedan
There was something on this several months ago, maybe last summer 2005 Passat Variant - Canadian.
I think cars 2006 and later - no go safety wise, but before was good.
I had a Canadian Golf 2001, went through the Dept. of Homeland Security/ Baltimore